1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Good News From New Orleans

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Geronimo, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I am sure that someone will find a way to balme the mayor, the governor, or the bus drivers. But here is good news. The major breach in the leveee system is repaired and the process of removing water from the city has begun

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050905/ap_on_re_us/hurricane_katrina

I hope that we can all join together in expressing appreciation to the COE, the Coast Guard, the Red Cross and all the recue workers.

2. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Ditto!

3. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    That's fantastic news. They got the levee fixed faster than I got my electricity turned on last year (twice). :lol:

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Well just one---the largest. But it is a start and I think we all need some good news.

5. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Yep, definitely some good news. Thanks a sharing Chief. Was just looking at the evening news and they showed a few shots of the levees getting plugged and the water pumps back in operation. Definitely good to see.

John

6. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    We just got an email from one of our sales offices in Amite, LA, about 75 miles North of N.O. on I-55. They have got their powered restored and internet access back. They say the phone landlines and cell phones are hit and miss.

Theirs homes were wind and water damaged. Hopefully they can send us some pics.

7. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    We should also keep in mind that Mississippi was hard hit as well, with about 300 or more deaths estimated.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Some of the language on the site linked in this post may be harsh, but these guys rode out the hurricane to keep their data center running in downtown New Orleans. Power is being restored to buildings in the central business district area (although last report these guys are still on generator). These guys have plenty of pictures of downtown New Orleans including a live webcam of the street corner.

http://mgno.com/

JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.