Some new shows

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Herdfan, May 18, 2016.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
  2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Bull is the only that I find interesting, while I will forever see MacGyver thru the filter of SNL.

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    I think this fall will be rather dull from proposals revealed so far.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Promos on NCIS leave a lot to be desired Michael Weatherly is really going to have to do a lot of acting to disconnect himself from NCIS. Kind of reminds me of McLean Stevenson leaving M.A.S.H to star in his series "XXX" can't even remember the name.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I found this piece by Tim Goodman pretty much on Critic's Notebook: The Sadness of Upfronts which begins with:

But unlike advertisers, we viewers don't have to depend on the broadcast networks for programming like we did before 1972 when HBO began as we have a wide choice today.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Matt LeBlanc on a show about an adult who discovers what dealing with small kids is like. Where have I seen this before?

Rich

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is a long list.

1 person likes this.
  8. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    The McLean Stevenson Show

9. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Well, I might have a slightly different opinion, although I agree that 'disconnecting' might be well-advised. I loved Michael Weatherly on Dark Angel (gone way too soon), He was great. But his character on NCIS is just a total zipperhead. I can't stand him at all in this role, and I only sat through one episode of NCIS because my sister (who has a crush on Mark Harmon) made me. I would have been out by the first commercial.

So, I have to go with 'anything would be an improvement'. Here's hoping he can shed the ****** bag persona and give us something. Disconnect, indeed, Michael. Full disclosure, even though they flipped it into a hammock between NCIS shows, it essentially replaced Limitless on the schedule, so I am really rooting for it to fail. Bigtime. Down in flames, MF.

But come on, didn't we all just love Hello Larry? It ran for like, fourteen or fifteen seasons, didn't it? Couldn't get enough of McLean Stevenson. Maybe he and Weatherly should do a buddy cop reboot together.

10. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    True, they were the 900-pound gorillas back then. Everything we might get to see or not see was decided by these geniuses, and we were mostly a captive audience to their latest whims. The upfronts are now like old-timer's day at the stadium, an anachronistic relic of what will soon be the distant past. (first time I missed them in years).

Now, they're more like 9-pound gorillas. Hardly relevant.