Some One Guide Me Please

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by TravGSX, Sep 23, 2015.

1. TravGSX

TravGSX Cool Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Ohio
    I have 2 HR22 receivers I want to use on a Slim Line dish with the SWIM SL3S4NR5-01 LNB installed. I hooked up one HR22 to the only feed that's already been installed and seam to work ok 2 tuners working. Now I'm just confused here cus doesn't it need a power inserter/ODU for the swimLine and I don't see one on the line anywhere and the is working? Now If this setup doesn't require a power inserter/ODU all I need is the proper splitter to get the other HR22 going?

IMG_0031.JPG

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There should be a PI some where. I have seen DVRs work, although unreliable without a PI inline. Since is a SWM LNB you need a PI and at the very least a 2ay splitter to connect both DVRs

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Yeah, I've heard of the same without a PI ...

I think what happens is the older receivers generate 18 vdc on their Sat. inputs in SWiM mode which is intended for powering a DECA module. However a SWiM LNB may be somewhat powered by that as well, particularly if the receiver is close enough to it.

Though erratically and unreliably as you say ...

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

4. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    Don't they generate a voltage that's used for switching LNB's in the SL5? I wouldn't think they would provide enough current to power a SWM LNB.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    yes, but that voltage should theorically stopped when switched to SWM mode. But legacy receivers must output the 18volts to power up the external DECA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk