DBSTalk Forum banner

Some People are just animals...

5K views 76 replies 29 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
I just got my replacement receiver under the protection plan...The receivers is just BENT. Now I know what you guys talk about about when you speak on the condition of the refurbs...

I'll just stick with my funky receiver and a new 2 TB HD

#7 ·
drhart416 said:
dave, you sent it back or bent it back?
S and B are pretty far apart. I'm pretty sure he bent it :). Must still work or surely he would have gotten a replacement.

I keep saying it. Mailed receivers get a beating. I rarely see a damaged refurb delivered by truck to our warehouse. A few boxes were pretty squished but not receivers. I wouldn't put in a bent receiver.

#10 ·
Carl Spock said:
^ I wouldn't know where to begin. :nono:
It's just best not to... :shrug:

Chefwong, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Who are the animals exactly? :scratchin

Is the receiver literally "bent"? :confused:

Is there something we can help with? There is a pretty good knowledge base and there may be some help we can provide.

Mike

#11 ·
MONSTERMAN said:
Made in CHINA is a big tipoff. Quality control doesn't seem to be a factor in these slave labor countries.:nono2:
And WE as Americans chose to ship our manufacturing overseas because no one was willing to pay the prices for things made in the US due to our much higher labor costs than most of the rest of the civilized world. We have no one to blame but ourselves...please remember that next time you make a comment like that.

#12 ·
MONSTERMAN said:
Made in CHINA is a big tipoff. Quality control doesn't seem to be a factor in these slave labor countries.:nono2:
Carl Spock said:
^ I wouldn't know where to begin. :nono:
I know, right Carl... some people think everything comes from China and it's all slave labor. That is just so closed minded... there are other countries than just China out there with plenty of cheap labor. They need to quit skipping over them and give everyone a fair chance to make junk! :grin: :p

#14 ·
I think it's time to get away from the politics/economics and return to the topic at hand...I'm just sayin' :grin:

:backtotop

Mike

#15 ·
MONSTERMAN said:
The great majority of the 20-700s are made in China. If you look at the bottom of those 20-700s you usually see several QC stickers on them.

Rich

#16 ·
ATARI said:
Maybe he meant the receiver is "bad", "no good", "sh*t" as in "get bent"?
That was my thought when I read the OP. I've gotten so many replacements that were banged up, in pieces and had so many other problems that I don't think anyone actually refurbishes them. They just wipe the HDD and send them out. My last statement bothers me, I have received several HRs that wouldn't even boot up. How does anyone explain that? And I've never received a replacement in a box that was banged up. FedEx seems to do an exceptional job. I've had them fall out of the box in pieces, but the box was never damaged. I don't think it's the shipping, I think it's the actual lack of QC at the contractor who purportedly (allegedly?) refurbishes them.

Rich

#17 ·
I have received 5 referb units that were less then good condition and should have not been shipped.

1 r16 that looked like a cat regularly clawed it. Scratches all over it every inch of paint. The face was new so i kept it. Swapped my case from the failed one that died from a Lightning hit. Owned!

Hr23 that had a smash down the whole left side but had to look close to see it. Did not sit on all feet. Sent it back. Was NOT damaged in shipping. Looked like it was dropped hard! My unit hard a bad hd. Leased

H20 that smelled like cat pee. Opened box and took it outside immediately! Sent back and complained. Sent a new h21. Old unit had bad power supply. Owned

2nd H20 had bent bottom case and over heated after 20 minutes and froze. Sent back got a h21. H21 had knicks in the face but kept it for it was way better then the h20. Old unit another bad ps. Owned

R22 broken face and bent top case. Looked like it was dropped on its front. Returned and got a referb that looks brand new. Replaced utv with bad tuner. Owned.

I have received many other units and all were in excellent condition. Seems some just dont get checked out.

#25 ·
This really is an amazing thread. :scratch: You people act as if this kind of bad corporate behavior is normal, even acceptable.

I was with Dish Network for 10 years and every IRD I ever got was brand new and worked perfectly right out of the box. Why you people put up with all of Directv's crap is beyond all rational understanding. :confused:

From what I've gathered on this board the past eight years, Directv is the BP of satellite tv.

#26 ·
Nick said:
This really is an amazing thread. :scratch:

I was with Dish Network for 10 years and every IRD I ever got was brand new and worked perfectly right out of the box. Why you people put up with all of Directv's crap is beyond all rational understanding. :confused:
I'd expect perfection if I had to pay $200 every year to run it. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.