1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone give me a good boot!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dandoshan, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandoshan

dandoshan AllStar

Jul 14, 2006
    I've been wanting to get E or D for sometime now. Had an E guy come out twice and both times he told me I had tree problems. Just the other day I noticed the neighbor had Dish and they appear to have more tree problems than I would. Although their dish is on their roof whereas mine probably would not work there. But they still have trees much closer than I do.

I also keep agognizing when I read about picture, audio sync problems, etc. Are these rare and something one should not even worry about.

A CNET review I read on the 622 said they used a wireless thing to handle the 2nd TV. This would seem to be a cool way to handle the 2 TV's I would be running via Dish. Anyone have any experience having the 2nd TV operated wireless.

I guess if because of trees I can't get either I'm stuck. But bought a HDTV over a year ago and am tired of waiting for our cable company to get some HD programming.

2. exegesis48

exegesis48 Mentor

Aug 8, 2007
    Well the first thing you have to make sure that you remember is that the majority of people only speak up when they have a problem. If things are going along swimmingly, people usually don't bother to say anything at all.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If your tv has a digital tuner, you could try an OTA antenna. You could at least get networks in HD if you are within range.

4. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Your neighbor having the dish mounted on the roof may give them just enough clearance to receive adequate line-of-sight to the satellite. Or maybe there was just enough of a clearing to get a good signal.

Picture and audio sync problems are overblown. Not an issue during my years of installing.

TV2 from the 622 or any Dish Network dual-tuner rcvr IS NOT wireless. There must be a RG-6 coaxial cable connected from the 622 to wherever your TV2 is located. There is a second UHF remote control that you use at the TV2 location. When your pressing buttons on the remote, those commands are sent wirelessly through the walls/floor to an antenna on the back of the 622 rcvr. Those commands are sent back through that coaxial cable to your TV2, and the channels change on the TV.
    :icon_cool

5. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    You didn't say what satellite postion you had line of site issues with, do you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.