1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something good with dish network.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Dec 10, 2010.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Ok so I have heard horror stories concerning getting something from dish like I have been with dish so and so and they wouldnt give me me this.

Well today I called dish and asked what kind of deal kind of deal could I get on an HDDVR to add to another room cause I was willing to pay she said I quilify for it for free. Keep in mind that I have only been with Dish for 11 months.

I just thought it was cool and had to share just remember that if yiu want something be nice and dont demand and you may just get it!

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    They're incredibly ok with giving you things, but you're right. It's best to be nice about it.

Failing that, you can go to their awesome twitter support folks (twitter.com/dishnetwork) or the ceo@ email address. The twitter folks have been very awesome to me.

3. ClassicRockFM

ClassicRockFM Cool Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Dish's Twitter folks are indeed awesome. Fixed a problem I had regarding RSNs that a Dish CSR either didn't understand no matter how I explained it.

4. PhillipC@DISH Network

PhillipC@DISH Network Guest

Jan 5, 2011
    Thanks for the positive recognition guys! We are happy to hear that we are making a positive impact on this great forum. I will pass on the cudos unto our Twitter guys for you.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Contrary to horror stories which most of the time seem to me to involve customers doing really stupid things, Dish has been good to me. Most of the time CSR's and TSR's have handled things for me.

And when policy interfered with "reasonableness" the folks at the administrative office (ceo@) do their best to fix it when no one else can.

In one case, when I was replacing two old 508's with a 612, at that time the dumb rule required a tech visit with a charge to unplug two boxes and plug in the 612. If I had wanted a 722, they would have shipped it. The woman at the administrative office found even she couldn't override the computer. She was very apologetic and ordered the delivery, no charge.

For a company with 14 million active subscribers, they do pretty well IMHO.

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I've gotten great help from Dish's Twitter team as well.

7. nightfly85

nightfly85 Mentor

Oct 6, 2005
    They treat newer customers better than longer/older customers...

I called a while back about the same thing, I've been with dish, never missed a payment for over 7 years.

HDDVR was going to $150 or something w/ a new 2 year contract.
    just a HD receiver (211 or something) was free w/ a new 2 year contract.

So it's not always the same story.

I ended up getting a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver and am very happy with that generic solution that doesn't cost me $6/month + no contract and I can use it on any hdmi device.

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I both a long term customer and an old customer :grin: and over the past three years I've gotten just about every free premium, free Platinum, etc. promo they've offered. Of course, some I found out about here and one I had to argue that the language on the web site said I'm entitled.

No, I can't get a "new customer" deal, but I don't resent that as I want them to attract new customers.

9. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I got a free upgrade of my 622 to a 722k about 18 mos ago (while they still knew the difference).

It was only about 5 months after I had upgraded a 510 to a 211 so I was surprised they did it, sent a tech, set it up - I bought the dual tuner module but that was my only expense.

Dish sent out an offer and I took it.

10. thewallfisher

thewallfisher AllStar

Jan 31, 2011
    I have seen that over the years E* has become more generous with existing customers. How long ago did you try for the upgrade?