1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something odd..or is it?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by FLWingNut, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLWingNut

FLWingNut Godfather

Nov 19, 2005
    Noticed something I tought was odd Tuesday night. Was watching ESPN News, then turned the box off. I had Boston Legal set to record from 9-11, and Scrubs from 9-10. That should mean both tuners would be in use. Yet, when I turned the box on again at 10-something, ESPN news was still there, yet Boston Legal was still recording and Scrubs had already recorded. How could ESPN news be there? Didn't that tuner get used? Or did it change it back when it was done with Scrubs? Did it behave this way only because it was in standby? I leave my D*Tivo on 24/7, so that could never happen with that box, but is this normal for the R15? Not that it was a big deal, I was just surprised. I expected the tuner to be on NBC.

2. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    I have noticed when I cancel a recording thats going it turns back to the last channel I was actually watching. Probably the same thing in this case.

3. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Still interesting all the same. Perhaps trying to emulate "giving" the last channel back (and buffer) when implementing the "pushed" VOD recordings???

4. xtoyz

xtoyz AllStar

Apr 13, 2006
    If it makes you feel any better way back in the day when the R15 was REAL bad I turned on my TV and it was on CBS. Oddly enough, it was recording FOX. I utilize a SINGLE tuner, yet I could see a channel that wasn't being recorded. Now before anyone asks I instantly tried to change channels and it forced me to fox. After that it wouldn't let me watch anything else. Oh well :(

5. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    This sounds right. As long as I've but the R15 into standby before it starts recording it always wants to go back to the channel that I left it on before it turned it off. If nothing is recording it will automaticly go to that channel. If it's using both(or one?) tuners it gives me the question of do you want to keep recording or not. If I select no it will dump me to the channel I was watching before I put the R15 into standby.

I don't know what happens if you leave it on because I always put them into standby when I'm not watching them.

6. Mr2sday

Mr2sday Cool Member

Mar 30, 2006
    If you aren't watching live TV and there is a scheduled recording it should let you finish the one you are watching until the buffer is gone. It should tell you what it's doing though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.