1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicTap Streaming on DirecTV (iOS, Android) App?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jss92, Jul 12, 2013.

1. jss92

jss92 Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I frequently listen to SonicTap while in the house and thought wouldn't it be cool if I could also listen to the channels (streaming) via the mobile DirecTV app while on the go!? Anyone else think this is a novel idea where DirecTV could enhance value for the $ paid for their services?

I once inquired with SonicTap about a standalone streaming app and they said it was in consideration but all they ended up releasing was a voting app, history of what's played.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I just stick with Pandora's streaming app when on the go. The quality is better than SonicTap.

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't think DMX (MOOD MEDIA) would permit streaming of their DBS channels since they also sell this service to commercial establishments. I'm sure it's a licensing and contract issue with them and DirecTV. But it sure would be cool as you said. :listening

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    as you use Spotify for music on the go, I find it better then Pandora. Not sure I have use for Sonic Tap.