1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Guns

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by lyradd, Feb 21, 2012.

1. lyradd

lyradd Legend

Mar 20, 2006
    Sons of Guns returns with a new season Wednesday, February 29. Lock and load!

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Have you followed much of the blogs/forums on the show?

It is in for a fairly decent shakup this next season.

3. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    I haven't followed much more than their FB posts occasionally. What's up with it?

4. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Best I can tell... from the conversations...

Vince has left, and started his own company..
    Haven't looked to confirm it... but it looks like it.

Also the fans are really complaining on the obvious level of "production editing" that is going on.

5. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    WOW. That's quite a development. There was definitely a bit of contention with his dating Wills' daughter, but I didn't realize that it was quite that deep. I wonder if they're still dating.. :lol:

6. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I am hoping this season they build a few more rifle and hand guns... and less of the over the top "canon" type firearms.

They are cool once and a while... but it seemed last season was dominated by these over the top mega weapons.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I wonder who owns it now that Vince left. It sounds like there are two new owners, maybe we'll find out in the premiere.

8. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    It was a lot like Monster Garage, or Pimp My Ride. Too over the top to even be realistically appealing. Not that 4 M16's sammiched together isn't cool. But when they're constantly building stuff that the customer can't actually take home, it get's a little bit boring.

9. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Umm... maybe I am confused (and missed something)

Was Vince part owner of Red Jacket?
    I thought it was Will (and Steph's) business...

10. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I would need to dig up some posts from a couple of other forums. However, from what I remember in the little I skimmed the posts, Vince was part owner and also held the FFL for Red Jacket (FFL = Federal Firearms License). So without Vice, as a business they can't legally sell any firearms (assuming the FFL for Red Jacket was held exclusively by Vince). I don't remember all the details for why Will wasn't the actual owner or why he didn't hold the FFL.

Here's the post. From what Vince claimed, Will and Steph had to surrender their FFL because of missing guns (I have no idea if that is true, I'm just re-iterating what was posted by Vince).

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...g-range/29738-red-jacket-facts-sons-guns.html

11. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Interesting....

12. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I would love to see Vince go to the American Guns show. I have been watching Sons of Guns since day one. I have also been watching American Guns since day one. With all the drama that's been happening on Sons of Guns, this maybe my last season of watching it. BTW if you haven't seen American Guns on Discovery check it out, it blows Sons of Guns out of the water IMO