DBSTalk Forum banner

Sony BDP3100 firmware update success

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  gov 
#1 ·
had a client call and inform me she was upset, a borrowed Harry Potter disk was stuck in her 'locked up' Sony blu-ray player.

I talked her through getting the disk out (unplug, plug back in, hit eject), and said I would drop by later.

went on sony website, found the model, downloaded a firmware update, burned it to a CD-R, took just a few minutes, except for the download, my slow internet and 100 megs was somewhat tedious.

Finally got by her place, and told her I just had to put the CD-R in the blu-ray and it might fix it.

She was eyeing me a little suspiciously, I think she really wanted to go back to BB and make a scene.

I didn't have time to go through the movie, she said it locks up well over an hour into the movie.

Today, she calls, all happy, movie played all the way, no problems, she even watched a few extras apparently.

I've done several firmware jobs on Sony's, but mostly for friends and family as a palliative. First time for a client, and also first time for a problem, and it was fixed.

Kudos to Sony!!

See less See more
#5 ·
gov said:
Like most of my clients, she's (and I don't mean to be ageist) somewhat senior.

She'll brag me up to her friends, it's a win-win.
Not to be "ageist", but she probably couldn't do it herself if she was 25. It takes awhile for "tool users" to understand that everyone isn't a tool user. Has little to do with age.

Rich

#6 ·
Sad to report, but one of my least tech savvy customers was a grandkid of one of my regulars. He's in college to be a lawyer, and maybe he'll be good at that, but input buttons are something that kid struggled mightily to comprehend. He insisted on having RCA composites on everything, and he would unplug and plugin whatever he wanted to use on the front jacks on his TV to avoid using the input button.

Until grandma told me he was accepted at law school I thought he was a special needs kid.

:eek2:

#9 ·
I won't touch a customers router, laptop, PC, credit card, hot wife, or vehicle that is more expensive than anything I own.

Just a policy I established after reading through my contractors insurance policy.

We won't even go into the STD clause {shudder}.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.