1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Halts Production on Google TV Models

Discussion in 'High Definition Displays' started by phrelin, Jan 24, 2012.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    According to StreamingMediaBlog:

2. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
  3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    That is one of the options shown/discussed at CES a few weeks ago.

There will also be some new HDTVs with it internally form multiple manufacturers coming in 2012.

4. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised they took almost a minute to turn on.

Not 100% but I think it had a fan as well, was based on Intel processors when Google is now moving to ARM.

and not to forget the remote, I thought it was really complicated to use took me almost a day to figure it out

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. davidgambino97@gmail.com

davidgambino97@gmail.com New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    To add to this i own the 40" model and have absolutely loved it! It actually really sadens me to here this because i had heard they were going to come out with the 55" model which for surely would've purchased. Theres no doubt that theres plenty the tv could improve on and do better but i expected all that to happen especially with the rate in which technology is multiplying at these days.. and to correct you on your comment about it taking a minute for the tv to boot up thus this is the case when the tv is in its energy save mode however the setting can be switched to non energy savings mode which turns in return turns on nearly instantly ( i keep mine in this mode; much quicker). And last, there is no known fan that i know of or atleast i do not hear unlike the noisy ass fan i hear on my ps3..