Sony RVU Install with Coax Cable

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by RF_Eng, Apr 14, 2016.

1. RF_Eng

RF_Eng Cool Member

Jan 31, 2007
    DTV Installer is here today hooking up my Sony 4K RVU TV so I can get 4K channels. He wants to run a coax from the TV RF connector to my HR54 Is that correct. I though that the TV only needed to be connected by Ethernet cable.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    IF it was, it would be a first.

This is new and it seems the installer isn't up to speed.

3. RF_Eng

RF_Eng Cool Member

Jan 31, 2007
    After it was all hooked up and the RVU authorized and getting all the channels, I told him to remove the cable, HE said no way would I get channels, should have seen the look on his face when there was no change . Now trying to tell me that the reverse LNB only supports 8 tuners and since I have 2 HRs plus Genie I have 9 tunners so that it would not work and that there are no new RLNBs that support more than 8.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    He shouldn't be running a coax to the RF connector of the TV. Maybe to a DECA to the network jack of the TV.

5. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Hopefully you get a survey call for your satisfaction, he needs to be trained again

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

6. RF_Eng

RF_Eng Cool Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Call was received and gave him all 1, end result was next time I called in I was transferred to case management in CO. New installer came out and added a Gen2 Deca and Reverse LNB.

7. waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    RVU only needs to be connected by ethernet cable to tv my installed tryed to tell me me the same thing and i told him just do the enthernet and everthing works fine