1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony tiny 3D display, CECH-ZED1U

Discussion in 'High Definition Displays' started by Laxguy, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I bought this set after reading about it here. Under $200, and I wanted a monitor for additional testing, and to try out 3D. It was made for Playstations I believe.

But two days ago as I was setting up to CE, there was no picture. No menu. Instead, when hitting power, the normal blue light would come on, followed by other lights, but no menu, no nothing. It was attached to my HR34.

I did find others with the problem via Google, and it appears I am not alone. But the set is over six months old, and I am afraid the cost to repair would be more than the value.

Anyone have any insight? Is it toast? Just junk it?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Call Sony and have your 1 year manufacturere's warranty come into play for repair or replacement.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Great idea, but I am concerned it may be six months more than the minimum of six months I stated. So, I need to start digging to see if I saved a receipt. Best Buy? Amazon, other? I am pretty certain I didn't register with Sony.