Sorry I have not done much of anything in this field trial, yet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Wireless Networking (private)' started by jwd45244, Sep 19, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    Sorry, all.

My father passed away a couple of days after the trial started. I have not wanted to do much of anything CE related for a bit. Things have been a smidge hectic.

I plan on getting everything setup over the next couple of days.

BTW, my dad was a doctor and a leading researcher in Diabetes and developing patient care. The current state of diabetes management of regular testing and tight blood sugar control was my dad's idea. My dad and his team were the people that discovered that were were two different types of diabetes. So if you have or know of someone with diabetes and they are successfully living with it, my dad and his team were behind the methods that are being used.

2. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    My condolences to you and your family. I was having this very conversation with Dodgeboy. This is about having fun and testing but should not take away from being with our family especially in a time of crisis. Take care of your family. Know that we are here if you need to chat and get things off your chest. This group will be here and there is plenty of time to make contributions to the CE. If there is some how a way that I can help you please PM me.

3. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks, Larry

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Jim,

I'm sorry to hear this news about you Father's passing. It sounds like he did a lot for human kind, a great deal more than most. I'm sure that since you're taking care of family, that this field trial and CE can wait until you get back to your (quasi) normal routine of things. Thanks for sharing and again, my sincere condolences!

5. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Jim,

My mother, the father of the best man at my wedding, and recently my son, all thank you're dad for his great work.

From time to time life, family, and even work (darn it) can get in the way of the fun stuff. We all understand. Take care of yourself, your family, and others. We'll be here, happy for whatever you can do here.

Our condolences,
    Tom

6. Huskie_2009

Huskie_2009 Icon

Jan 12, 2009
    Jim,

So sorry to hear of your lost. Your father was a great man in helping to slow/stop this deadly disease. His work is very much appreciated.

My condolences to you and your family.

7. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    Jim,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Father. He sounds like a person we all owe a big debt too. My sincere condolences.

8. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Jim,

First of all, so sorry to hear about your dad. Second, please don't think twice about not being here. Real life comes first. I wish you and your family the best in dealing with your loss. Sounds like your dad was a great man.

9. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
  10. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
  11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Sorry for your loss Jim. Many members of my family are also the beneficiaries of your father's hard work. My father also works in the diabetes field, educating diabetics on the various delivery testing\tracking systems available, and he was talking about your father's passing a few days ago as if he was a hockey player talking about Wayne Gretzky. I would have never guessed I knew the son of the man he was talking about. I'm sure you're father will never be forgotten.

As for testing... Like others have said real life is far more important and far more precious. Test with us only after your family's needs are met.

12. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    You have my condolences... Sounds liek he really contributed to society in ways that many can only dream of... I have a couple people in my family that are diabetic, and while they may not know who your father was, I assure you they thank him for his efforts too..

And as others have said, don;t worry about testing.. If you get around to it, fine.. if not, no worries... some things in life are just far more important....

13. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Sorry for your loss Jim. Life isn't an intrusion on testing. Life takes precedence.

There is nothing more important then family. We’ll be here when you can be more active.

You and your family are in our prayers.

Mike

14. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Jim - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. CE field trials really don't matter in the scheme of things when you need to take care of your family and yourself. My thoughts are with you ...

15. dmurphy

dmurphy Active Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Jim - my deepest condolences. There are truly great men all over this planet, and your dad was certainly one of them. Millions of people have him to thank for giving them the gift of life.

The really sad thing (to me) is that sometimes it takes an individual's passing for us to recognize the great contributions they have on society. We celebrate their life posthumously without them being here for it physically.

One can only hope that in the Great Beyond - whatever that may be - that they can see just how important they were to so many people.

Your dad's certainly one of those.

16. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Sorry for your loss Jim. he sounded like a great man.

17. leww37334

leww37334 Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2005
    My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family, do not concern yourself over this TV stuff at this time. Take care of your family. You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

18. Strejcek

Strejcek Icon

Sep 27, 2006
    Jim, sorry for your loss my friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This DirecTV stuff is not nearly as important as your family is at this time. Your family here on DBSTalk understands that and we are all here for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.