1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound cuts out during music sessions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JulienPDX, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulienPDX

JulienPDX Legend

Feb 2, 2004
    i listen to music choice for hours on end most of the time. A lot of times, the sound cuts in and out for a few seconds but i'm not having signal issues. I have also noticed that the plain-jane reciever downstais is significantly ahead in time (music-wise) than the tivo.

If I'm not able to record the music, then isn't it safe to assume that its not "streaming/playing back" the music? Why the constant cutting out? I've put a call into tech support but they haven't offered any help other than to replace the box, which isn't really what I feel like doing.

Help

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Even though you can't record the music it is still being recorded to the buffer and then played. Therefore the delay. There has been some discussion on audio droputs in the TiVo Community forum.

3. hydrogen

hydrogen Mentor

Apr 27, 2004
    JulienPDX

I'm having the same issue with all 3 of my rca receivers. They do not have hard drives. My uncles Samsung receiver does it. It think it may be a Directv issue.

Here's the thread I started the other day about it.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=26813

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    FYI that a Tivo type receiver will always be behind a few seconds vs. a non-Tivo receiver just because it has to buffer it on the hard drive and then send it to you. Typically it's a 2-3 second delay.

5. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I play the music channels quite frequently, for most of the daytime while I'm working or doing housework, etc. My DirecTivo (just got it in December so its still rather new, has the 3.1.1c software) has no dropouts in the sound. I'm pumping it from the Tivo to my Pioneer A/V receiver via optical digital cable. I also have the Tivo connected to the receiver via standard RCA cables as a backup. The receiver automatically switches depending on the source.

6. JulienPDX

JulienPDX Legend

Feb 2, 2004
    hey happy go luck

hrm..judging by your avatar..i'd say you probably listen to channel 813 (just like me)

(that was a supposed to be a little "family" humor, btw)

:)

I'll post my replies on the other forum, I guess since now i'm noticing it on the RCA unit in the spare room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.