1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound cuts out

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by buggs1a, Oct 31, 2011.

1. buggs1a

buggs1a Legend

Oct 27, 2007
    I've got the hd dvr hr20 or 21. The audio cuts out for split second sometimes. I'm watching the terminator 6:48pm pst Oct 31 Monday night on channel 561 HDMN right now and its cutting out every minute or so a few times here and there. This happens randomly on any channel. Been going on for years. It doesn't matter what dvr as we've had several.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Sometimes it seems like some channels, or some shows are worse than others. It's reduced by turning off Dolby on the receiver. Some AVRs are worse than others as well, I had an onkyo that clicked every time.

3. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Best way to tell if it is the machine or the channel it was recorded from is to skip back after a drop. If it is in the exact same place, most likely it was the feed.

4. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Check out the ongoing thread about audio dropouts to get info on your AVR.

Kevin

5. buggs1a

buggs1a Legend

Oct 27, 2007
    Yeah, it's always the same spot when I rewind. It mutes, not just part of the sound. Silence for like if you quickly turn a light switch off then on.

It's also happened on any avr. I used to have connected a denon avr1082 and now I have the yamaha a3000 model.

Yeah, terminator was dd sound. My avr shows source for audio in Dolby digital and prologic 2 movie for all other non dd sound. It does happen on any though.

I just wish it would stop. I don't know if i can do anything. I freaking hate it. You miss words a lot.

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I've noticed a reduction (not complete elimination) of dropouts using the digital coax audio instead of HDMI. Sometimes, on my receiver, the HDMI also has weird interference-looking waves in the background (most noticeable on solid colored shots, like a football field or the guide). It's weird and goes away if i switch to component.

7. Nov 1, 2011 #7 of 12
    WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I agree- It is with channel only -just started last week. not just HDDVR but on HD receiver as well , the same channel.

8. Nov 1, 2011 #8 of 12
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I've experienced brief audio cuts on several premium channels including HDNM.

9. Nov 1, 2011 #9 of 12
    detroitlions

detroitlions Cool Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I had the same exact problem last night watching Terminator last evening. Safe to say the problem was not on our end.

10. mganga

mganga Godfather

Dec 4, 2006
    just lost all audio...

11. Twister18

Twister18 AllStar

Dec 22, 2004
    Same here.

12. buggs1a

buggs1a Legend

Oct 27, 2007
    You watched it too? Cool.
    I looked for terminator 2 and later on netflix streaming but no go. Sucks. Was hoping to see them well, 2,again with no audio issues. Seems netflix moved a ton of streaming to dvd only them meanies.