1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problem suddenly

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Andrew Sullivan, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    This started a couple of days ago. The sound started stuttering. If I pause and rewind a couple of seconds all is fine. In my many years here I have never experienced This phenomenon. A cold reboot and connection check made no difference. In the last 6 months I have had complete sound drop and occasionally video drop but never this stuttering. I haven't had a chance to see if the problem exists on recorded material.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You need to do that. Might be the...which HR are you having the problem with?

Rich

3. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Rich I have had the HS 17 since January. As soon as the stuttering starts I pause and rewind about 5 seconds. The stuttering is no longer there. I do see this on recorded material as well. An earlier tech service call from 10 days ago or so with a similar problem, but then it was a sound and video freeze frame. Rewind and the problem disappeared just like now and recorded material posed the same problem. The tech told me it was a software issue and would be fixed by the end of July. I am no tech wizzard but a software issue that effects what appears to be only me seems unlikely.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Simplest thing you can do is get a replacement 17. If you can't replicate the stuttering it is not the broadcast. Must be a problem with the box (17) itself. The installer that told you that seems to drink the D* Kool-Aid and wants you to take a sip too. I'd just get a replacement. That should/might solve the stuttering problem...I'd bet on "should" but with these things you never know.

Read any other posts about 17s and stuttering? I don't remember reading any. If it was a known software issue wouldn't we be aware of it? I wouldn't take anything an installer I wasn't really familiar with said as Gospel. It does seem "unlikely".

Rich

5. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Rich, after spending 30 minutes talking to a Resolutions rep I too am surprised that more complaints are not being mentioned. Kristen told me this latest stuttering issue is a known software problem as is the pixelation/sound and video drop. This issue is strictly with the 4K box and not the HS17. Now I have been dancing with Direct and Dish since before DVRs so I take everything they tell me with a grain of salt. They may consider streaming to be of greater future importance, I dont know. It seems like the older I get the less I know.

242424 likes this.
  6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Around midnight it dawned on me it must be the mini that has the problem. Is that the only mini you have?

Rich

7. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Right now every channel is unwatchable. The sound is like listening to a bunch of chipmonks.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Still not sure which box is causing the problem. If you can narrow it down it sounds like a replacement is in order.

Rich