1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Asian Indian package w/o commitment

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by billu, May 27, 2013.

1. billu

billu New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    We are a Indian family recently moved to Sugar Land, Texas and looking for south asian Indian package from Dish Tv. We are interested in the mega pack but the CSR from dish told us that all Intl packages have 24 month commitment. We dont plan to stay here (in US)for that long. Are there any other options with Dish for Indian channels without commitment or less than 24 months??I am sure they would understand that not every international person plans to stay in US for 24 months. Pls do advice,

thanks,

2. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    To get that package does not require any commitment at all. But if you are not a subscriber to DISH and want them to install the equipment and lease you the receivers, then you do need a two year contract. If you were to buy the receiver(s) and pay for the install then there would be no commitment.

Also check to see if the programming you want is available from DISH on the Roku, that would also not require any commitment.

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Could go with a Roku and Dish World. http://www.dishworld.com/roku.html

Pay for the Hindi Megapack for 4 months at $89.94 and get the Roku for free.

Edit: package includes • MTV Hindi • NDTV 24*7 • TV Asia • Aaj Tak • B4U Movies • Sahara One • Sahara Samay • STAR India PLUS • Willow Cricket • Aapka Colors • B4U Music • SAB • Sony Entertainment Television • SET Max • TEN Cricket • Zee TV HD • Life OK • Times Now • Sony Mix • Big Magic

4. billu

billu New Member

Jan 28, 2013

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I haven't had any experience with Dish World's quality, but everything else on my Roku is as HD as it can get. It all depends on your high speed Internet connection. The more bandwidth the higher the quality.