1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spongebob is in ratings trouble as Disney beats Nickelodeon

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Apr 1, 2012.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Ratings aren't everything, but they can indicate a problem. According to this The Wrap article:

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Very easily understandable...

Right now, the Nick lineup is terrible... Our family finds itself pretty much on Disney Channel much more often.

3. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Penguins is the most entertaining thing on their now.

4. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Fairly Oddparents is awesome! My 4 year old son discovered it a few months ago and now him and I regularly watch it together. It is hilarious and defintely has a Ren & Stimpy / Dexters Lab feel to it.

Penguins has been good too. I always thought they were the best part of that movie.

The main issue here is that Nick, Disney and Cartoon Network all seem to be aimed at different viewer types at different times. Our family finds ourselves flipping amongst them depending on the programs on at the time, not just because they are Nick, Disney or Cartoon Network. Each has their plusses and minuses and we view them accordingly.

5. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    I miss Skyland.

6. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006

I miss "Double Dare" and "Finders Keepers". Those were the two best shows on Nick (or Fox at the time)