Sports search....Team record

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bnwrx, Oct 30, 2015.

1. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    I've been using this since it was introduced quite awhile back. It does a pretty good job of finding and recording "My Teams", although it doesn't always set the recording to my local regional sports channel, especially NHL hockey, but thats not why I'm writing this. Lately, the last couple of weeks, its not setting to record events. For instance, hockey games are on the list under My Teams, but none are set to record as it did before. Same for NFL games, it lists the upcoming games but not set to record. For Formula 1, the system was good in the past whenever NBC would put the practice or race on one of there other channels(CNBC,NBC,NBCSN) it would locate and then record without me having to check. This weeks F1 event is in Mexico and the times and channels are all over the place from normal, but the system did not set any recordings up. I had to do that manually. The only sport that seems to be recording OK is NCAA football. I have not altered any of the recording options or preferences. Does anyone else have this happening?

Thanks for any responses....

2. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    I came here with the same issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    When you go to search section in the menu do you see sports search icon?

4. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    Yes. And all my teams are there. Just isn't recording them even though all are set to record. Use to work just fine. Not sure when the issue started. Hr44 btw

5. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Is it actually not recording them or are they just missing from the todo list?

6. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    For me...the icon is there, the games/events are listed but they are not in the ToDo list. I check this often and when they are not in the ToDo list, I set them up to Record, therefore I don't know if they would or not Record. I would rather not miss the showing so I set them up myself. This just recently started happening, maybe 3-4 weeks ago......Before that the system worked quite well for me.

7. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Try doing a smart search for clearmybox. It will immediately reboot your receiver and clear out all guide data etc then reload it.

8. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Before your post, I thought of that and followed thru with it...We'll see if it works
    Thanks

9. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    I'll give that a try also and report back. Thanks.

10. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    If not, try setting up recordings for a different team (one you don't care about) and see what happens..

11. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    Well after the restart I don't see the sports option under search and browse anymore. Weird

12. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Did you "restart" or "clearmybox"? If the latter, it takes some time( sometimes a few hours) to re-load the icon.....

13. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    It has to reload. Those are supplemental downloads. Give it some time. That's why it's good to do this. Forces it to all reload and start fresh. It will remember what team recordings you have set. But it reloads finding them.

14. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    So, I tried this....the new teams are displayed in the My Teams section, however none are set to record even though I set them up to record...

15. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    You should also know they take time to load and probably won't show for a while in the to do list. In fact sometimes they may never show but still record.

But if it's not on in the next few minutes it can take a few hours (helps if the h it is in standby for a while too) before it populates recordings in the to do list.

16. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    So wait and see if they actually do record.....

17. jim_arrows

jim_arrows Mentor

Sep 21, 2007
    I'm having this exact same issue, the season record for sports is my favorite feature and it suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. Can one of the original posters who had the issue update the thread with whether or not the "clearmybox" keyword search fixed it? I see the last post is about 2 weeks old, so hopefully this resolved the problem and they just forgot to update us with the results. I will try the fix myself this weekend and post back with my own results as well, just curious as to whether this helped the original posters.

Thanks,
    Jim

18. freshmanjs

freshmanjs New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    i have this problem too. it impacts all autorecord keyword searches, not just sports. for me, a reboot or clearmybox sometimes does get the recordings to repopulate correctly one time, but the fix is temporary as they don't update after that initial population.

19. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    I'm the OP...Did the clearmybox. Still having issues. I did get a new firmware this week(0xabc) so I've waited to see if that made any difference. None. I also tried the old Boolean search routine with limited success. This feature worked really well for me before. The F1 schedule can be all over the place but this sports search seemed to record on all the different channels, now though it screwed up...

20. jim_arrows

jim_arrows Mentor

Sep 21, 2007
    Thanks for the follow-up, that's very disappointing to hear. I agree, this feature was practically bulletproof and I thoroughly trusted it to pick up all of my favorite team's games - then it just suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. I have removed all of my teams, cleared them from the series manager, re-added them but it makes no difference. If I "view upcoming" all of the games are listed, they simply don't record anymore... I'm also disappointed by the relatively few replies to this topic, as it indicates to me that this may not be that widespread an issue, I thought for sure there'd be a lot more angry users with their pitchforks after missing critical games, but such is not the case. Makes me wonder if it's just a local thing that's going to require a "clear and delete everything" to fix... or even worse, just to find out that it doesn't fix it! Ugh...

1 person likes this.