1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring, 2003 Schedule

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Mark Holtz, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Okay, January 21st, I begin a new schedule with me taking classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of Mondays and Wednesdays. Courses selected:

Spanish 1A and Spanish 11A - If at first you don't suceed, try try again. The 11A is a complimentary class to the 1A class.

Accounting 1B - Needed for transfer. I had originally taken this class last Summer, but when my mom was in the hospital on the week of an exam, and I couldn't come to an agreement to take a makeup. I had to withdraw. Hopefully, the instructor is a better instructor, as the last one was just slogging through the book. :flaiming

Introduction To Microsoft Access - Might as well know something more about databases. I may actually have a computer class that I may have to stay awake for. Besides, it's a 8 AM class, so I have a decent chance of parking.

So, the schedule will have me in class from 8 AM-2 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then I have to return to campus from 7 PM-9:50 PM for Spanish 11A.

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    That's half the battle in going to school. The instructor can make all the difference.

3. Mark Holtz

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Okay, class status time. Please note that I am registered and have a seat in all of the classes.

Accounting 1B - 40 out of 40 seats filled, 1 person waiting.
    Spanish 1A - 34 out of 35 seats filled, 5 people waiting.
    Spanish 11A - 34 out of 35 seats filled, 1 person waiting.
    CIS13B (Database) - 17 out of 31 seats filled, noone waiting.

The part that sucks about all this.... as a rule of thumb, 50% of the students would have dropped the courses for various reasons by the middle of the semister, sometimes for no reason at all.

4. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    :lol: I majored in Economics to get to know a girl better. She's moved on, but I'm still stuck with my Masters. :grin:

5. Mark Holtz

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    In the first weeks of the semister, every parking space at America River College is occuipied by 8:30, and students go into "shark mode" (goig up and down the parking lanes hoping to snatch a open space.) The first week of the semister is always the worst as students try to add classes, purchase books at the book store, or get a parking permit. I did a little advance planning, and purchased both my books and my parking permit last week. There was no line at the bookstore, and a short (10-15 minute line) at the business office for the permit.

And, with the possibility of both budget cuts and tuition fee increases, many students are being encouraged to take as many classes now. Spanish 1A was standing room only, with potential adds being told to waot and see if potential seats open up within the next two weeks. Accounting 1B was packaged. CIS13A (Access) has about 17 students (20 are needed for a solid go, anthing below that is up to the deans discretion), and hopefully will be allowedf to continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.