1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprint deal reportedly reached

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Oct 14, 2012.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Hope this doesn't affect the unlimited data plan I'm on.

3. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    may still be awhile the FCC has to approve it and maybe some other goverment entities since it involves a communications network and purchase by a foreign nation

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Pretty much this.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Looking at Softbank's site, looks like they offer unlimited data there, at around $56 a month. Of course that means nothing for US service.

One comment the CEO of Softbank made was that every time he comes to the US, he complains about our cellular data speeds. Not sure if that was based on 3G.

6. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Hope this doesn't affect the sponsorship of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. They've already gone from Winston Cup to Nextel Cup to Sprint Cup in less than ten years.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    They'd be making a mistake if they changed the name drastically. No normal customer knows what Sprint stood for, and they have had nothing to do with it since the 80's anyway.

I've already seen some confusion, "why is a Japanese bank buying Sprint" etc. I really don't think there will be name changes or anything. They say Hesse will still be in charge of it, but then we've heard that before. What I do see happening is drop the Nextel from the full name. But I think that would happen regardless.