1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars EP II DVD Comments

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Chris Blount, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Just picked mine up today and took a quick look. Wow! The picture quality is amazing but what really struck me the most was that much of the movie has a bit rate of about 5 and it still looks great! DVD authoring is getting better all the time. Also, be careful not to have your sub turned up too loud. I almost blew mine out after the first explosion. There is a LOT of bass in this movie.

2. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Just picked up mine today. I can't wait to check it out. I have a 200 watt SW-15 audiosource subwoofer and it can handle just about any bass you can throw at her. Can't wait to see Yoda in action.:)

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    After finally seing Ep 2 last night and knowing Ep 4 like the back of my hand, I could easily see whats going to happen in the next edition. :)

BTW My house was rocking watching this, a lot of sub woofer action. :)

4. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    Yup, good looking picture and even the ship at the start has a low rumble to it. Lot's of nice special features too.

5. toddjb

toddjb Legend

May 7, 2002
    sweeeeeeeeeeet! ....i got it for Christmas and havent' watched it yet! You just made up my mind between renting Goldmember and watching Ep2. :)

6. toddjb

toddjb Legend

May 7, 2002
    Wow...watched it last night. Incredible sound. Its really refreshing when a movie actually has a full rear track. Most times you only get a few token sound effects back there. Ep2 has plenty of loud sound coming from my rear speakers. :D

-todd

7. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Just watch Ep2 again and don't bother renting Goldmember. My son got it for Christmas and while we haven't had a chance to watch my copy of Ep 2 yet there's gotta be more laughs in it than in Goldmember. Not an original joke in it. By actual stopwatch it contains a total of 23 second of laughter in the entire movie. And that was timing my 14 year old son. You made the right choice.

8. toddjb

toddjb Legend

May 7, 2002
    yeah...i laughed for Goldmember, but it wasn't the best of the 3 and I enjoyed Ep2 MUCH more and it was my 2nd time watching it!