1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starz/showtime deal for $12.95?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cypherx, Mar 23, 2013.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Hi all,

I was logged into my account on DirecTV's website and noticed Starz and Showtime have a $12.95 a month deal. Now I have the choice package with HBO and Showtime added on as extra. HBO and Showtime look like it adds $29 to the package price. That seems pretty high to me. You think I can delete Showtime off there and add the Starz / Showtime deal and end up paying the same (or less) but now get more for the money?

The bill comes out to around $125 - $130 a month for HDDVR and an additional HD box and MRV. It seems pretty high to me and I even have a refer a friend credit. Any way I can stretch the value and get more for that price would be nice.

I guess since I'm off contract now the $10 credit for auto bill pay & paperless no longer applies either.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Call them and ask them what you can do to save some money. Tell them about the package and let them check it out.
    Each time my credit for the HD service runs out I call them and ask about it and usually get it anywhere from 12 months to 6 months at a time.

3. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Im getting Starz for 12 months for $6.50.

4. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I'm getting Starz/Encore 6 months free and Showtime 3 months free. I wish they could do the same for HBO/Cinemax

5. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    i got that same offer too. thought it was a pretty good deal.