Static IP address on Hopper / Joeys

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by scooper, Jul 8, 2019.

1. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I distinctly remember seeing directions on how to set a static IP on the Hopper , but I can't find it. Anybody ?

2. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    DISH Settings > Internet is where you will find info. But there, as far as I can find, thinking I was able to do it too at one time, is just info and the ability to reset the network connection.

I do it in my router as an "Address Reservation" using the devices MAC Address. I have to, otherwise they jump all over the network interfering with other devices ability to get addresses. When I had a Joey with my two H3's it was a mess. Other devices were not being allowed to connect and get IPA's and the Network slowed way down. I have for a long time and now even more so assign every device an "Address Reservation" so that it's guaranteed a place on the network without having to fight for it.

As I have written before I am thoroughly amazed that the engineers at EchoStar would design gear that would act like this . . . I have never seen anything like it.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I've got a LARGE pool of DHCP addresses, and I've done address reservations for DIsh Equipment in the past. This was for someone else on another forum.

Bob - what you might want to do is put your devices with address reservations in one range, and have your DHCP pool in another. -- On my network, x.x.x.100-199 is the pool, and anything that needs a reservation / static IP gets an address NOT in the pool.

4. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    go to the advanced internet settings page, press recall, recall, play then change IP Address Configuration from automatic to manual and enter your info.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    THANK YOU !!!!!!