1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still a way to "re hit," receiver yourself?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mika911, Jan 2, 2010.

1. mika911

mika911 Godfather

May 1, 2006
    I have a GXCE BOT (one of the early DirecTV Tivos).

It had not been used a long time, but still on my DirecTV account.

DirecTV used to have a way online to "re hit," the receiver. Do they still offer this self service to get your programming back on it?

I couldn't find the option as their site has changed.

Thanks!!

2. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Call 1-800-531-5000 from your home phone or supply the system with the number on your account when it asks. Then say "missing channels" when it asks what you want. Go through the routines and one of the prompts will let you "refresh" your receivers.

This is buried somewhere on the web site too. Did you check the "troubleshooting" section?

3. zuf

zuf Icon

May 24, 2007
    Southern Utah
  4. mika911

mika911 Godfather

May 1, 2006
    Thanks guys. I should have waited for your reply. Instead I tried ordering a movie to trigger it, and then I tried changing the program package, that worked, but now i'm being charged for 2 programming packages at full $70-odd rate. odd. haha. i'll have to call after all.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    :eek2: Yeah I'd call on that right now.

6. wcalifas254

wcalifas254 Mentor

Sep 23, 2007
    That's easy to do, click on this link but you'll have to be logged in to your account, select the receiver you want your card to be refreshed on. The link is http://www.directv.com/resend