1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STO 657-1 on D* during Tribe game last night

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by JAYPB, May 13, 2008.

1. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    Anyone else watching the MLB EI broadcast of the Indians-Blue Jays game at 7pm last night notice that the game went to the infamous blue/white DirecTV logo at around the 9:45pm mark on the clock? I was recording the game off of 657-1 on my HR20...and in the middle of the top of the 10th it abruptly went RIGHT to the D* logo....end of broadcast. I didn't notice it until 3am when I sat down to watch the game.....

WTF ?!?!?

Ironically, my trusty HR10-250 recorded the SD version of the game in Suggestions and I was able to watch the last 15 minutes of the game.

Did this happen on the MLB EI channel (not sure what channel it was up in the 720-740 range)? Or was I either the only one watching the game...or affected by this SNAFU?

I'd like to blame this one on the HR20-100....but I know I can't.
    :eek2:

2. tvjay

tvjay Godfather

Sep 26, 2007
    I am wondering when DirecTV will carry STO fulltime since STO HD is a fulltime channel now.

3. GAM

GAM Member

Jun 3, 2007
    It did happen on the MLB EI channel as well.

4. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    Thanks for the confirmation. I really wish that D* would notate on their EI channels which feed is on which channel....instead of making you guess which feed is which....or am I missing something blatantly obvious?

I.e. 728: A's vs Indians (STO)
    728-1: A's vs Indians (STO-HD)
    729: A's vs Indians (FSBA)
    729-1: A's vs Indians (FSBA-HD)

Or something descriptive like that.... instead of:

I.e. 728: A's vs Indians
    728-1: A's vs Indians
    729: A's vs Indians
    729-1: A's vs Indians

Edit: Not that the above exercise in futility would've helped me in this case.....but it's something that's bothered me since week 1 of the season!

5. GAM

GAM Member

Jun 3, 2007
    The HD feeds are always on the -1 channel. The away feeds are listed first on the lower channel numbers followed by the home team feeds on the higher channel number.

6. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    Was this figured out just by scanning the channels on a daily basis or did they put this in some form of documentation that I missed ??

Thanks

7. GAM

GAM Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Just noticed the trend was consistent after the first few days of the season.