Stop Function Not Available?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by LarryFlowers, Sep 24, 2008.

1. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I noticed something while watching a number of shows over the last few days. I get to the end of a show and I hit the stop button on the remote and the unit ignores the command. I know the unit receives the command, I see the light blink but it wont stop. I have to fast forward to the end. I never noticed this before if this is normal behavior but since they started the soft pad feature I find it annoying to watch the first minute or so of the following program (especially when it is wrestling following Eureka :lol: ). It isn't necessarily significant, I can fast forward to the end, but was this always the case? I can't believe I haven't noticed this over all these years or maybe it happend with the implementation of soft pad?

I would still like to see the option to turn off soft pad.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This has been reported by HR20 ad HR21 users as well. It seems to be an issue with the latest software.

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I tend to hit exit at the end of a recording and then delete from the list, so I never noticed this.

4. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I noticed that a lot last night. I found if you rewind back a few minutes; STOP does function. I have a feeling it has something to do with the auto soft padding. Just a guess.

5. cbaker

cbaker Icon

Dec 20, 2006
    I second the motion on option to turn off auto padding!!!

(And I was starting to think the stop button never worked. I use to always FF to the end of the show to get the K/D screen ... most of the time, sometimes you have to press play first. Then I would choose. But with this 90 sec of extra stuff I have been trying to "train" myself not to do that. I was just thinking the stop never worked. Thanks for clearing that up!)

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is not the forum to discuss autopadding. Period.

:backtotop please.

7. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I thought it was me there for a second.

I don't usually use Stop to exit a recording but I thought I had hit the button by accident last night. When it didn't exit the recording I thought I must have gotten lucky and not hit it.

Now I'll have to test it out later.

Maybe they could leave it this way with an option to turn it on. :)

Mike

Edit: I must have not hit the Stop button like I thought. Stop works to exit a recording on both my HR21-100 and the HR23-700.

8. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I have to say that after my previous post it started happening.

That is to say that the stop button quit working while watching a recording.

Weird. :scratchin

However I don't seem to have the problem with 0x281....yet :rolleyes:

Mike

9. cbaker

cbaker Icon

Dec 20, 2006
    Seems to be related to watching a show, rewinding, and then trying the stop ... haven't done specific testing but it does not happen 100% of the time and I don't know if it is HR23 specific...

10. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I don't know - I seem to be able to use stop within the last minute of a recording to return to the playlist. Was able to do this the last ce and so far in this one since I saw people note the problem.

Not sure what triggers the stop button to quit working or how far into the buffer you need to go, but I haven't triggered this yet on any of my HR2x's.

11. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Mrs. Tibber noticed this last week on the other HR2x. Major nasty--because I'd hit stop and it would. :)

Then it started happening to me too.

I also know you do not have to be at any particular point in the playback, we have a manual recording that has an extra 30 minutes of padding. Most of the time that isn't needed so we often stop with the 30 minutes left. (Or try to stop.)

I haven't seen it with this release yet, but haven't watched enough playbacks yet. Football Sunday dontcha know. :)

(and Packers lost, i do know.) :(

12. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    I realized last night I might have a different Stop issue. When playing back audio on Mediashare and hitting stop instead of exit - the box has been locking up resulting in needing an rbr.