1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Picture Freeze Followed by Reboot

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by olguy, May 26, 2008.

1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Strange to me, anyway. Watching a recorded program on one of our 622s and well into it the picture froze. Nothing would work. The 622 rebooted. I resumed the program, it got to the same point and did it again. Now, just before the first time, I had been a minute or so past that point because I got carried away with my skip 4 times button on my Harmony.

After that reboot, a few seconds before the freeze point, I hit the 30 second skip. Watched the rest of the program with no problems.

This was an ABC program. The 622 before last did it on an ABC program. Coincidence I suppose. That time I talked to a CSR who convinced me the recording was corrupted and to delete it. After last night I wonder???

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    I would agree with the CSR on this one. Most definitely a possibility. My guess is something in the stream was hosed up and the 622 did not handle it gracefully. The other possibility is there is something corrupted in the hardrive and it has not been marked as bad (Not a likely assumption). Been a while since I have been in the analysis section of the 622, but I would suggest going there and if there is a way to test the drive give it a test. I would check if there is something there, but I am on my way out.

My money would be something in the stream got hosed up and the 622 did not handle it properly. What was the show and the point in time.... I would like to see if I can duplicate it..

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I have had that happen twice in the past two months on my 722 and it was on ABC programs. Who knows why....