Stupid Ice Storm

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by dbkelly, Dec 9, 2002.

1. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Stupid Ice storm! I was literally on the dbstalk.com page to vote for the week 11 picks, when my freaking power went off!!!!!!!!!!! (I didn't get power again until Saturday evening) So much for staying competitive! :shrug:

So, in the spirit of the game, Mark please award me 4 points for correctly picking Jake for the boot. Unfortunately, I has picked Ted for the RC and Helen for the IC, so no additional points there. Thanks! :D

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm sympathetic to your situation - losing power for an extended period of time really sucks. I can't, though, in fairness to the other players give you the points. You had a week to make your votes and chose to wait until the last day to do so. I hope you understand why I have to make this decision.

Fortunately, there are still a lot of points available, and you are definitely still in the hunt. Good luck this week!

3. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Well, at least you are still tied for 3rd place and didn't actually drop out of your current position. But this does give me an idea. Cory, where do you live again? ;)

4. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Mark, I forgot to vote this past week, but had all intentions to do so! My 'votes' were right on the money this time. How about awarding me the 6 points? :D

5. CoryTV

CoryTV Cool Member

Sep 18, 2002
    You can try it if you want, but I've got friends with net connections who owe me favors!!!

:)

6. dbkelly

dbkelly AllStar

Sep 20, 2002
    Mark, I was actually kidding about you giving me the points, but I figured asking the question with a $100 Paypal "donation" would work ... I guess not! :D Hee hee!!! (BTW, Can I get my $100 Bucks back?)

Cheers,
    David

PS - I know I waited to the last day. But, the funny thing was it wasn't sleeting at my house when power went off so I figured I had more time. I had already made up my mind about my boot pick (Jake) but was still debating on Ted or Helen for the RC. Dang it!!! I was already behind 3 points from the very beginning since I started playing week#2. This is going to come back and haunt me!

7. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Sorry Dave...the money's gone... :D :lol:

ahem...yeah right... :D