1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid "Searching for Signal" Message

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by wiley14, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiley14

wiley14 New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Does anyone know how to make "searching for signal" message to go away? If I'm watching something that I've already recorded (for example, if there's a tropical storm outside), I really don't care (and have already figured out) that there is no signal.

One quick quirk was - the DTV screensaver actually came on while we were watching the prerecorded show! (I assume because the "searching for signal" message box was displayed.)

When I got this box, I was impressed, but you know - Dish is starting to look good (considering their HD-DVR is actually affordable ($200 vs $400) and their HD packages).

2. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    There is no way of canceling the display. They are addressing the issue for a future upgrade. I suggest you contact them with your complaint. It may expedite things quicker.

Ian

3. Thunder7

Thunder7 Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    Been annoying for some time....hope they get to it soon as it just seems dumb to keep it up while watching a recorded program. Notify once, fine (but even that not needed), but don't make it stay there.

4. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    The only way right now to get around this (untill they fix it) is to rest the box and when it says searching for sat hit exit and then you'll be able to go into MYVOD and watch your recorded programs. If you do this make sure that nothing was trying to record at the time or you lose what it was recording to this point (not just the part with sat. signal but the whole show up to the point you hit reset will be gone).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.