Stuttering Audio On ESPN Channel 206

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Rob37, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Audio is horrible on ESPN Channel 206 right now for the 4th Qtr of the South Carolina - Georgia game. :mad:

2. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    ESPN nuff said!!

3. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    What is up with the red button overlay app on ESPN? It plays the short videos. Guess what? No Audio! Cheddar TV - same thing. What a joke. Do you guys think it has something to do with my HR44 DVR that works like a charm?

4. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    I want to respond to my audio issue. I did a little researching online about this problem on those two channels. What they want you to do is go to menu then ( on my HR44 ) select settings - scroll over to audio and select Dolby Audio. Click on it. Then turn the on to off! Exit out after you've done this. Boom - audio again! Why couldn't they put this on their support page on DIRECTV.com is beneath me. If you select audio at the top of your screen when you hit info - you can not disable Dolby Digital audio. Follow those instructions given. Good luck!

5. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    This does not work. I have had Dolby Digital turned off for years. I use PCM. The Stuttering still comes & goes. At times it is not too bad & at other times it is very bad & very noticeable.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  6. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Some have reported success by rebooting twice as follows:

1) Reboot your DVR
    2) When it is done coming back up (you have picture and sound again), immediately reboot again.

This will clear out most of the 'gremlins' your DVR may have. It may or may not fix your audio issue, but it's worth a try.

Note that it might take 24 hours or so to update your guide and a few other things out the normal two weeks.

7. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I dont watch ESPN a whole lot but i watched most of the Monday Night game and didnt see any issues

8. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    Rob respectfully - You are telling me and everyone reading this - It doesn't work? I must have imagined or dreamed going on Google search and searching for a solution. If it does not work why do I have audio on the ESPN overly app and those Cheddar videos? It didn't get audio by magic. Im shocked that I would waste my time and put a solution I found on AT&T Forums and told it doesn't work! Who are these members?

9. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    You have a DVR. I don’t. Mine is just a regular HD Receiver. So yes I am telling you it doesn’t work on my receivers. As a matter of fact I can’t evenget that Cheddar Channel on my H25/500 Receiver. You have to have a DVR type receiver in the first place. Which I don’t have because I had nothing but problems with them back in 2016. I have audio on the channels I watch. Different receivers on DIRECTV/AT&T have different functionality.

10. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    I could careless! It worked for me and that is all that matters. Upgrade your receiver dummy and yours might work too!

11. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    And for all of us - what the heck is PCM?

12. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Short summary is 2 channel stereo