I am at the point where I don't yet want to try anything that will cause me to lose recordings, so I don't want to risk running those tests yet. I have stuff recorded that I haven't watched yet b/c I just can't seem to find the time (being baseball season and all-and I'm an Indians fan:sure. I will give it another week or so, and if I reach a tipping point of unwatchability I will take the plunge and run the tests. I haven't yet tried a new power cord or gently pinching the pins as Rich suggested, so I will also try that first. I do want to get this corrected before the Fall season starts, so I am running out of time. I also get the feeling that a NR is imminent, so I may want to hold out for that as well. VOS (I hope that acronym is acceptable to you), thank you so much for your help and attention to my posts, you come highly recommended by Rich. And thanks to you too, Rich!