1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style On Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pez2002, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    Is it coming And To what channel ????

Mabye they could put it right next to E!

:) Merry christmas :)

2. DS0816

DS0816 Guest

Mar 29, 2002
    I think style. will eventually end up on DirecTV on, and I'll guess the number, channel 238. I think we'll also see Great American Country end up on DirecTV (I'll guess ch. 328).

Now when these two will show up -- that's anyone's guess; but the locals are the focus. I'm disappointed that all DirecTV has added with regularity are those garish, cheap-looking home-shopping channels.

Eventually, I think some of what Dish Network has that DirecTV doesn't have will wind up on DirecTV. I don't expect a total match, but there is some niche programming for certain sectors of the viewing audience that must be considered (seems there's never enough women's and children's channels, according to women and children, of course :)).

3. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    Yeah you got a point about the shopping channels I dont Like them Enough Allready
    If they got hbo Comedy I would sign up for HBO in a Heartbeat

I wonder what changes will come We will have to wait and see

Chant it with me HBO comedy HBO Comedy

4. Jan 1, 2004 #4 of 12
    Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    DirecTV's movie packages are just depressing. Dump HBO Family West and add HBO Comedy.

5. Jan 2, 2004 #5 of 12
    pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002

How the hell did you easedrop on my ideas :lol:

HBO comedy was Great I dont wanna get banned for saying this but that was the only channel i liked on Comcast :lol:

6. Jan 2, 2004 #6 of 12
    ddobson

ddobson Legend

Nov 25, 2003
    You mentioned the shopping channels they've added. How about FIT-TV. Another waste of space. They won't add the good channels, only a bunch of crap. I'm getting pretty fed up with DirecTV now.

VH1 has some good channels that my neighbor gets on Comcast digital now. VH1-Country. It's mostly music, not programs like CMT has. To me CMT is now doing what MTV did in the 80's. Starting to replace music with documentaries. Next will be goofy game shows and then no music at all.

7. Jan 2, 2004 #7 of 12
    Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    They didn't add Fit-TV. It was call The Health Network and was re-tooled and renamed. No additional bandwidth wasted there.

I really wish they'd add GAC, as I'd love to watch the Grand Ole Opry again on Saturday nights.

8. Jan 5, 2004 #8 of 12
    Pegesus

Pegesus Cool Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Just in case anyone that makes programming decisions looks in at this forum....
    some of us would also like to get the Wisdom Channel!! And yes, to GAC!!

9. Jan 6, 2004 #9 of 12
    DS0816

DS0816 Guest

Mar 29, 2002
    I've read that Dish Network's AT150 package is going up $2, from $42.99 to $44.99. If DirecTV were to up its likewise Total Choice package in similar fashions, I would be expecting at least two new, relevant channels be added. Whether its GAC, style., Nickelodeon Games and Sports, Wisdom, or whatever, it's jsut something to keep in mind for myself. Perhaps there are others who feel the same?

10. marquitos2

marquitos2 Legend

Jan 10, 2004
    I love my D*. Had big C*, and E*. I got the whole enchilada

11. ddobson

ddobson Legend

Nov 25, 2003
    I would happily pay $2 or $3 more a month if they would add the channels I want. What you have to keep in mind comparing prices is that DISH includes channels in their AT150 that are premium on D*

With AT150 they get:

7 Encore channels that are bundled with Starz on D*

They also get the Sports Pak that D* charges $10.00 for.

I think they have twice as many audio channels.

-----------------------

Before I'd be happy about paying more I'd want all of the following channels.

Style (for my wife)
    NICK GAS (for my son)
    GAC
    VH1 Country
    VH1 Mega Hits
    VH1 Soul
    MTV Hits
    Good Life TV

Starz Family (added to Starz Pak)
    Starz Kids (added to Starz Pak)

I think DISH already has most of these. Comcast does in my area and I'm thinking of switching. Only thing stopping me is that people tell me the quality of picture isn't quite as good as D*. I'm certain that Dish has GAC, Style and Nick GAS. My wife's friend has Dish and that's why she wants Style.

12. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Having AT-150 for two years, they only include the regional sports network for your area if available. To get all of the regional sports networks, you will have to get the Sports Pack which is ~$6 per month, and subject to a lot of blackouts.

GAC, Nick GAS, and Style is part of AT-150/180. In addition 19 audio channels are mono muzak channels on AT-150/180, while 32 stereo audio channels are on AT-100/120. Starz Kids was launched in December.

If you want channels added, I suggest that you write to:

DirecTV Inc.
    Customer Service
    PO Box 70014
    Boise, ID 83707-0114

However, until the DirecTV satellite is launched, there may not many options for channel additions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.