1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden freezing (audio/video)?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n3ntj, Sep 27, 2018.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have been watching recorded and some live TV the past few days and had the programming freeze (audio and video). I had to trickplay forward slightly (in the recorded programming) approx. a minute or so forward to get things to work again. Rewinding causes the 'freeze' to show up in the same location again. I watched one show that had this freeze 3 times in the 60 minute program. For the live programming, I had to change channels and go back. No pattern with this issue. Anyone else seeing this issue? I also rebooted both units and still had some freezing later. I've had the freezing while watching both the HR54 and C61k.

Software is 0x1104 (8/9 download, but the issue seems to have popped up the past few days).
    The HR54 and C61k were installed this past spring.

2. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Yup.

3. jpenneck

jpenneck Mentor

Oct 19, 2007
    I've been getting this for a while, intermittently with the "black flash" (see other thread). I'm not sure if the two things are related, but I have seen a rapid black flash combined with freezing picture a few times...

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What were you watching when that happened? Sports? If you can replicate the freeze by clicking back it's probably not the 54 or the 61 that are at fault.

Rich

5. johnee249

johnee249 New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Ozark, MO
    My HS17 is doing the same thing and then some. Running 0x110e since 9/26 but it's been doing this before. Does it on recordings and live. All clients (C61W-700).
    Happens with movies and news shows.
    Playback fine if I repeat same scene. But live the program gets stuck. I toggle Pause/Play and still stuck.
    I have to back up or toggle channels to get it playing again. This started a few days ago so I suspect this latest release.
    But the momentary freeze problem as I said earlier has done it for awhile it just gotten more noticeable in the past month or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    It was happening with all sorts of programming.. sports and non-sports. I haven't had this issue in a while.. hopefully fixed.