Sunday night baseball??

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by dtv757, Apr 22, 2019.

1. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Does Disney have exclusive rights for Sunday night baseball or something??

The past 2 sundays the Braves were the Sunday night game and it ( Disney sports ch ) was the only telecast. No local fox sports broadcast..

But tonight (Monday night baseball ), the game is on all 3 networks... Disney , SNY- mets , and CSN philly- Phillies

Why must we be forced to watch or listen to horiable Mickey mouse sports?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    It is my understanding that:
    Sunday night is exclusive to ESPN.
    Monday night is on ESPN but is not exclusive and local channels can show the game.
    Wednesday night is on ESPN, not exclusive and local channels can show the game.

3. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Yep, Sunday Night Baseball is exclusive to ESPN and its been that way for several decades at this point, long before "Mickey Mouse" owned the channel.

Monday and Wednesday are non-exclusive, so ESPN is subject to blackout those nights at the discretion of the local RSN. i.e. Tonight's and Wednesday's ESPN games are blacked out in Phillies territory, but not in Mets territory, even though SNY is also showing the game.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  4. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Way back in the day, It was ABC with Monday Night Baseball, no games could be shown till the Monday game was over.....So bottom line MLB has had many strange rules through the years...

dtv757 likes this.