DBSTalk Forum banner

Sunday Ticket 2013 Pricing announced

105K views 514 replies 216 participants last post by  renbutler 
#1 ·
So pricing for ST this yr will be $225 for basic and $300 for max. I was just curious which package most people will be choosing this yr.

#7 ·
I don't really have a "must see" team, so every year I run the same numbers.

256 total regular season games.

17 weekends of games on NFL Network, CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN, plus bonus games like Thanksgiving and ESPN's opening night double header ... That comes to over 100 games or 40% of the season available without ST.

So, ST turns out to be about $2.00 per game...
$9.00 ( $300 / 34 ) per Sunday 3 hour "window".

And then...........I buy it anyway and watch Red Zone Channel every week for 6 hours!

#8 ·
I got NFL ST for free last year because I did a Movers Connection (and yes I timed my move specifically for that :lol:) and I think I may have watched 2 or 3 out of market games the entire season....I see my 49ers every week without fail and have gotten RZC for free the previous 2 seasons, so that will be my plan of attack this season, get RZC for free or look at other options to get either RZC or NFL RedZone :D

#9 ·
I will get Sunday Ticket again. Dont know if I will go for the MAX this year. I hardly used the online portion last year. I get alot of games without it by having 4 different CBS and 3 different FOX channels but still seem to not get the Broncos games that frequently. I cant miss Manning's games and I like being able to watch any game I want. I watched every Lions game last year and really enjoyed seeing Calvin tear it up. Sunday Ticket is a must for me.

#12 ·
I got it free last year as I was a new sub in September and I'll be getting it. I'm a Colts fan in Michigan. Without ST I would have seen maybe 4 games last year. Plus I can watch games on Sundays when I'm at work with our PS3. Winner winner chicken dinner.

#18 ·
It'll be interesting to see whether Directv is willing to wheel and deal with customers on the pricing as they have done in the past. With the end of saying "cancel my service" getting you to retention, I wonder if front line CSRs will have much that they can offer those of us who call up?

As for Max vs. the base package, that's gonna be a tough call this year. I've always purchased Max so my daughter could catch Steelers games on her computer at college. But she'll be going to school next year in the UK, so it won't help her. On the other hand, I do enjoy Red Zone Channel!

#24 ·
I'm in for basic again this year. I live in Ohio and gotta have my Raiders. Yeah I know I know. :D

#25 ·
ken100 said:
red zone channel is nice but its rendered useless if you have sunday ticket. whats the point if you have all the games?
joed32 said:
Because you can only see one game at a time. With RZ you see everything exciting that happens with every team. I use two TVs, one on "the" game and one on RZ. Football heaven!
RZC gives me everything I need! All killer, no filler. And now that it's on TWC, I don't have to worry about CSR roulette w/ DirecTV. Sorry, but paying $200-$350 for the various incarnations of ST seems as outdated as VHS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.