sunday ticket appears in my bill..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bjlc, Jul 30, 2020.

1. bjlc

bjlc Icon

Aug 20, 2004
    My wife checked our Directv bill today and there was a notification of Sunday Ticket Max in my bill for zero dollars. i haven't had Sunday ticket in over 3 years .. am I getting this for free?

2. y2k02c5

y2k02c5 Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Lol. Well more than likely no football so it’s free. Ha

I got it too for free. Not getting my hopes up on football being played.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I got an email from DirecTV a couple of months stating that I would be getting NFL Sunday Ticket for free during the 2020-21 season.

4. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    "am I getting this for free?"

Gee, bjlc.
    Are you taking a poll here to have us tell you if it's free or not?

Login to your account and click on "View my programming".
    Scroll down to "My sports channels".
    If Sunday Ticket appears with a $0,00, you have it free.
    If it's not there, scroll down to "Add additional sports channel". ST would appear with a price and an orange "Activate Now" button.

You've been around long enough to know your bill is the worst place to learn anything about what you have and what you don't have.

MysteryMan likes this.
  5. longhorn23

longhorn23 Active Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I have seen it say $0 under my programming for certain sports packages and still have been charged once the season starts. It's very confusing because you can't tell if you're getting it for free or if they are just not charging you until the season starts. So I believe his question was legit.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Some people are like puppies. First you have to show them the stick. Then you can throw it.

loveshockey and compnurd like this.
  7. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    @bjlc If your bill says something along the lines of "NFL Sunday Ticket Max $0.00" with the message "Season starts on XX/XX" on your bill or around that line item then it is highly likely you are getting it free. If you see "NFL Sunday Ticket Max $0.00" with a message somewhat like this "Season starts on XX/XX. Renewal" that means it will auto-renew and begin billing you the six monthly installments for the package. (If it is a renewal there is also a message in the fine print after the Account Summary section that fully explains that line item is an auto-renewal and the price.) If you are in the legacy DirecTV system go to directv.com follow @cmasia steps above.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  8. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    mine says NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2020 $0 | MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2020 $30. but 2 weeks ago said $0 under MLB .

if you did not have NFL ST last year than you may have it for free . both of mine are auto renew so i expect the price for NFL to change on my next bill .

update: under recent activity mine shows "NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2020 HD - Charge $0" so i will defiantly be charged . lol

9. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Mine shows this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.47.24 AM.png

And I received 2 emails after the season ended last year. The first said I would get Free NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2020 season and the second one said I would get Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max for the 2020 season. My bill comes due the 18th of every month so I assume if they are going to try to bill me it will be on the bill that will be due Sept. 18. It is not on the bill that is due on August 18.

10. Ms. J

Ms. J Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Screenshot_20200801-074304_Chrome.jpg Well my programming page shows something not quite exactly like everyone else's. I am going to call later to see what they say. I haven't received any emails or letters. My bill ends tomorrow. I already have my credits but tomorrow is when they do the charges.

longhorn23 likes this.
  11. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I'm reasoning that in order to satisfy their NFL Sunday Ticket contract, AT&T is having to give NFLST subscriptions away to keep the eyeball count up. If you don't get the package for free, you'll know where you stand in terms of most favored customers.

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The NFLST contract is DIRECTV giving the NFL a lot of money. No eyeballs required. DIRECTV has been using it as an incentive for their viewers for years since it costs them nothing to provide NFLST to one more home (they don't have to pay the NFL per customer). Customers who pay for NFLST may see a huge cash discount on the rest of their service.

The big hit on DIRECTV will be commercial subscribers. They are the ones that generally cover the cost of NFLST. If bars and indoor eating continues to be restricted through football season the cost to commercial establishments may be too much to bear. Closed business won't pay, restricted businesses will have to figure out if paying is worth the cost. The commercial rates are generally set on occupancy. I doubt DIRECTV will let establishments reduce their payments to the 25% or 50% occupancy levels but there may be some deals since collecting something is better than collecting nothing from those businesses. The NFL will probably want their full payment for the year regardless of how much content they end up providing.

13. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    I just looked at my latest bill and no charge for NFLST . Either I'm getting it for no charge or ATT hasn't started billing for it.
    With the chance that part or all the NFL games could be cancelled ,maybe they are waiting before they start billing and then having to issue refunds.

14. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    Must be nice to see this easily and be able to add programming that way. I get redirected to some site telling me to call a number to complete my order and no one from Directv can get it corrected.

15. Ms. J

Ms. J Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Really? That would suck. I have never used it other than to change my package once. I usually call but that's annoying. I really can't stand Directv now that it's AT&T. Once NFL goes I am going to just do streaming.

16. Ms. J

Ms. J Member

Aug 12, 2018
    So I just checked my bill and it's listed but says $0, so it appears to be free this season. Of course they know the season may not happen or be cut short so why not give it free.

17. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Since your in the legacy DTV system there should be a note after the "Account Activity" page on the bill that will explain if the NFL Sunday Ticket is actually free or an auto-renewal. The line item on the actual bill under Seasonal Sports Subscriptions should say "NFL Sunday Ticket $0.00" then under that "Renewal begins X/XX see note below" if it is renewing at cost.

18. Khaetra

Khaetra Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Florida
    Mine says it's renewing so not free. I will not be renewing this year.

19. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Are there are no opportunities for advertising revenue with NFLST? Advertising revenue is frequently (if not always) connected to eyeball count.

20. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    Just wait, next year everyone will be complaining about getting charged for NFL Sunday Ticket, because they didn't call and cancel and it got auto renewed.

I don't watch NFL football anymore, so I just called and cancelled it, don't care if it's "free". It is pretty shady of them doing this, I don't like having to call to cancel anything. They have a habit of changing things on your account without your knowledge and then say they told you they were doing it (when they really didn't).