Sunday Ticket has ISSUES STILL!!!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Crypter, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    I am so ANGRY....

So I am unfortunately a Miami Dolphins fan and the game is in SD. Which sucks but it is not the reason I am upset. If I switch between the SD games in ST and the HD and HD RZC the HR20 starts acting up (chanel banner freezes all buttons become un responsive, HD Chanels become smushed, I can only change channels with the prev button).

Just rediculous that I have to reset the receiver like 5 or 6 times every week during Sunday Ticket. It has happened on 3 different HR20's now.

Those of you with HR20's try switching from SD games in ST to HD games and the HD RZC. See if you start to have these problems!!

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I don't even watch the SD feeds in ST. I have that channel range removed from the guide.

3. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    That is fine, doesn't mean the problem isn't there. I would love to be able to do that but NOT every game is in HD every week. One day your team will be in SD and you will have to deal with this issue.

4. clayface1000

clayface1000 Mentor

Apr 18, 2006
    What is RZC?

5. Benny Blades

Benny Blades Mentor

Jan 5, 2007
    Red Zone Channel (RZC) 718 in HD

6. Sinnoch

Sinnoch New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    I've had the same thing happen to me both this weekend and last. This weekend not only did the banner freeze - the screen was blank. I'm thinking it has something to do with the interactive features.

Mine happened when switching from the Dolphins game (ch 708) to my local feed in HD.

7. vollmey

vollmey Godfather

Mar 23, 2007
    No problems here replicating what you are doing, sorry. In fact I've never had a problem with either of my HR20's freezing.

8. CalmWind

CalmWind Guest

Oct 1, 2007
    Are you running the box in Native under the HDTV settings in the menu? Or does the blue right on the right side show a resolution change when you go back and forth.

If it does, you might try it without the Native option so the resolution stays the same.

Also, do a system test and see what the internal temperature of your box is... Mine seems to be running around 120 degrees F.

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Haven't tried switching to RZC, but we feel your pain. It could be worse, we got Superfan for HD, and for the Browns. I think there have been 2 total games in HD.

10. RandybinSC

RandybinSC AllStar

Aug 5, 2007
    Glad my team I root for is a NFC team.

11. MikeR7

MikeR7 Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I think Sunday ticket is great!! Love it, love it, love it!!:lol:

BTW, Adrian Peterson(Min) is pretty good too!:hurah:

12. aphoward

aphoward Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    Maybe they should just change to a single T formation and snap him the ball. They might make the playoffs then.

13. wmj5

wmj5 Godfather

Aug 26, 2007
    I have a h20-100 and r/f remote, does anybody know how to get hd channels when I push the number in, it always goes to sd? thanks:

14. aphoward

aphoward Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    The update for the H20 software has not been released yet that contains this feature. It is (hopefully) in the final CE stages.

15. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Crypter, which version of the HR20 and which version of software are you running?

Also, can you share more details:
    TV model and firmware (if you can find out)
    Connection type
    Networking enabled?
    Phone line connected?
    Do you have a multiswitch?

Thanks,
    Tom

16. hammond22

hammond22 Cool Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Same thing happened to me today. On top of that the Dolphins are simply awful.

17. schlar01

schlar01 Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    I have the H20 and am trying to watch the Pats-Cowboys game. The receiver, even after a reset, is giving me a '771 searching for signal' popup, even though the picture and audio are being received perfectly. Whats the deal?

18. schlar01

schlar01 Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    Oh yeah, the stupid screen saver is coming on, even though I am watching the channel. I have never had this problem before - is there a way to turn this off?

19. Benny Blades

Benny Blades Mentor

Jan 5, 2007
    Pretty good?? That guy is the REAL DEAL! This coming from a Chicago Bears fan. Peterson and Hester put on one hell of a show today!

20. jcurrier31

jcurrier31 Legend

Dec 15, 2006
    Unlike last week, the Miami game was not available to anyone in HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.