1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Ticket: How did Week 2 go?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by RMBittner, Sep 18, 2011.

1. RMBittner

RMBittner Legend

Mar 28, 2011
    Since Week #1 was a bit rocky, I couldn't help wondering what everyone's experience was this week with the ST package. Buggy? Beautiful?

(And, yes, I'm asking you all because I'm not yet a subscriber and so don't have the option myself. But I'll be fixing that "problem" in the next month.;))

Bob

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    The TV side seemed fine. The streaming was better than last week, but the PQ was doodoo (I've read).

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    The broadcast version is great as expected and as usual. (Most of the glitches are typically the network, not DIRECTV and there aren't many of them.)

I've read that the ToGo performance was not as good. Seems like the servers/network had capacity issues from what I've read and watched.

Cheers,
    Tom

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    ToGo was spotty. Excellent at times, especially on the later games. Heck of a lot better than last week.

5. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    Jags/Jets was on my local station. As a Jaguars fan I wanted to watch even as they were obliterated. The local CBS station switched halfway through the 4th qtr. I immediately called D* to try and get the blackout on ST lifted but to my surprise and satisfaction, it was lifted before I got through to anyone. So, I was happy about that.

6. FLWingNut

FLWingNut Godfather

Nov 19, 2005
    Both my hd boxes reset about 3:20 eastern. I was recording Lions game and was watching it delayed from the list. It dumped what wad recored between where I was watching when it reset to current. Ended up missing the whole 3rd quarter.

7. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    The Lions were hogging the Red Zone Channel. 48-3! :lol:

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Not a fan of either team but something told me to watch the Bills-Raiders game. What a roller coaster ride that was!

9. patchs

patchs AllStar

Jan 22, 2006
    Still cant watch To Go on cell phone unless wifi is on.
    What is the point of TG if you can't use it outside of the house?

10. gomezma1

gomezma1 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    My Cowboys need a roller coaster ride to get their "S" together.

11. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Which make/model cell phone?
    Error message?

12. redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26 Godfather

Dec 6, 2007
    West...
    I couldn't get it to work on wi-fi either. Told me to switch to 3G network. Of course it didn't work on that either.

Samsung Epic 4G

13. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Seriously...? You want to watch a football game on a cell phone :confused:

14. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    If I'm somewhere that I must be (and may or may not want to be) and want to watch a game, yes I'll pick whatever I can get.

Cheers,
    Tom

15. jsquash

jsquash Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I had a problem with 2go today. Last week I was in Las Vegas and watched a few games on my laptop. Today I was at home and using my laptop again but the D* servers thought that I was still in Vegas and blackedout the games that were on tv there. I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies but it still didnt work. When I called in the 2 people tried to help but couldn't fix it, just told me I was out of luck. Its not the end of the world but is really annoying. I got 2go for free, otherwise I would be more upset.

16. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    My expectation is that PCs are located via the IP address. If your ISP does not properly give your location, you could have a problem.

There are a couple ways you can check your IP and the location assigned to it. Google searches should tell you where it thinks you are.

Cheers,
    Tom

17. jsquash

jsquash Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I just did a google search and the results did show Green Bay as my location but I wonder if it might be my Mcafee Total Protection that is blocking it somehow. The second person that I talked to did say that my computer showed up as being located in Las Vegas as I figured was the problem from the start. Thanks for the quick reply.

18. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    Ah, that is another possibility. I wonder if the application does some checks for VPNs and communicates that information back to the servers.

Cheers,
    Tom

19. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Son switched to DTV 2 weeks ago, got the free NFL thing and reported that it worked great on his phone while at work today. Was with Dish for over 8 yrs and is one happy camper now that he switched.

20. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    I had major audio static during the end of the Bills-Raiders game viewing through "normal" means. I switched to another channel that was also showing that game and there was no static on the other channel.