Sunday Ticket Refund/Credit after Completely Canceling Service?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by andjuan, Oct 14, 2019.

1. andjuan

andjuan New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Hey all,
    After I was charged the first payment for Sunday Ticket Max renewal, I decided to try and do the annual call and ask for discounts routine. I wasn't able to get anything and told them to cancel Sunday Ticket. This was before the season started. Normally, the cancellation credit would just be reflected on the next bill. I eventually decided to drop the service entirely and see how I liked cord-cutting. I was out of contract, so there wasn't much to lose. This was before my next bill and the rep told me that the refund for Sunday Ticket and anything else would be reflected once the account is completely closed out and equipment is returned. Now when I log into my account, I see a credit which roughly covers the difference in taxes and fees on the Sunday Ticket renewal bill, but it doesn't cover how much I was actually billed for Sunday Ticket. I have a credit for roughly $38, but my the renewal was about $67 + taxes/fees. Does anybody know if the amount will get adjusted after my equipment returns have been processed or should I call DirecTV now and see what's going on?

Thanks

2. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
  3. andjuan

andjuan New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Thanks. I'm actually in FL and my taxes were like $40 more the bill that had the Sunday Ticket renewal. I figured I was just charged tax for the entire package.

4. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    That's correct. Florida charges the taxes on the total value of the Sunday Ticket as soon as you sign up.

compnurd likes this.
  5. willie_tee

willie_tee Cool Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Hickory...
    Same thing happens charge-wise/accounting-wise here in The Republic of Texas.