1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SundayTicket/Superfan Week 15 [Final Version]

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Gary Toma, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    NFL SundayTicket/Superfan Schedule
    Attached is the NFL Schedule customized for DIRECTV's SundayTicket and Superfan subscribers. As always, Red highlight games are 1080i, Blue highlight games are 720p broadcasts. The keyword "Final Version" in the Title is your signal that the schedule is complete and ready for your download and customization. The "preview" or "in-work" keywords in the Title mean there are still updates to be made.

Time Zone Schedules
    Attachments are provided for each Time Zone; please note the attachment names to download the correct PDF for your time zone.

Customize your Schedule
    The PDF schedules are formatted with the ‘typewriter tool’ enabled, so you can edit in the channel numbers for the games provided by your local affiliates.

SundayTicket and Superfan Broadcasts
    The rightmost columns of the SundayTicket Section provide the SundayTicket SD assignments [Channels 704 through 717] and the Superfan HD assignments [Channels 719 through 727]. If any entries in these columns are blank, they will be updated when DIRECTV announces the assignments.

National Game Broadcasts
    You will need to pencil in, or edit in, your LIL (Local-Into-Local) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers for your local stations. In most cases (the rules are complex), DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket and/or Superfan game that duplicates programming offered by your local CBS or FOX affiliate.

Regional Game Broadcasts
    Using TV Distribution Maps, you will know in advance which regional games your local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying and you can pencil, or edit in, those updates on the schedule. A link at the top of each Weekly Schedule (or_this_link) takes you to the website providing NFL TV Game Distribution Maps for both CBS and FOX. When your local affiliate broadcasts a game, DIRECTV is obligated to black it out on SundayTicket and Superfan (if your LIL offers HD) in your DMA. The DMA Maps are updated during the week preceding the games.

Local Game Broadcasts
    Remember, NFL blackout rules apply: if a home game isn’t sold out, your local station and DIRECTV are both required to black out that live game in your home DMA.
    preview version: 151 views

2. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    Isn't the Titans/Chiefs game being picked up by CBS in HD? Does this mean D* will not pass along an HD broadcast?

3. Ryan

Ryan Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    That's what I surmise from the chart...there's local HD coverage, but DirecTV has chosen this game as the odd-one out on this round of HD musical chairs.

4. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Yes, this is one of those rare weeks when all the games will be done in HD.

However, it seems that DIRECTV has enough bandwidth for only 8 HD games at a time; any games beyond 8 fall off the HD wagon. Actually, DIRECTV has a 9'th HD possibility, but that is used for the RedZone-HD channel. It's not that DIRECTV has ever admitted to this limitation, it just always works out that way.

The real 'Fix' happens next season, when all the Superfan games are broadcast in the MPEG4 protocol via the Ka satellites. Directv will have the bandwidth shackles removed.

5. jcurrier31

jcurrier31 Legend

Dec 15, 2006
    I wouldn't worry too much Chiefs/Titans fans, (Dolphin fan here), If the rest of this year has told any story, it's that they will gladly pull the Dolphins game to put anything else in HD. Maybe you will end up getting lucky after all. I am getting used to watching football in SD again anyway.

6. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    That would explain why they are not showing games on 727 this year, like they had been in previous years.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    That's interesting...I was just looking through the guide to see where the Chiefs game was this week, and couldn't find it...then flipped to my local station (KNoxville) and it's in HD...so, then I came here.

I'm glad I live in the market of the team they are playing...though I can hardly stand to watch the Chiefs any more....HERM MUST GO.

8. rlgold88

rlgold88 Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Sunday ticket question I thought I would post it here:
    I dont have sunday ticket, My girlfriend has a crush on Brady and wanted to watch the patriots game. She said she ordered it with the remote control for 44 bucks and will get todays sunday ticket games. I do not have a phone line connected; but do have internet connected. Why was she was able to do it.
    Does the internet connection tell Directv I ordered it?
    She said the patriot game it is on channel 707 I think but not in (hd has the pillars) but the hr-20 receiver shows the signal as 1080I is this correct?
    And when did they start allowing us to order sunday games for only that week?

9. dwneylonsr

dwneylonsr Cool Member

Jun 15, 2007
    And surprisingly enough the Dolphins/Ravens game was in HD. I'm already considering not renew ST because I've had to watch some games in SD.

David
    Chandler, AZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.