SundayTicket/Superfan Week #5 [FINAL VERSION]

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Gary Toma, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006

NFL SundayTicket/Superfan Schedule

Attached is the NFL Schedule customized for DIRECTV's SundayTicket and Superfan subscribers. As always, Red highlight games are 1080i, Blue highlight games are 720p broadcasts. The keyword "Final Version" in the Title is your signal that the schedule is complete and ready for your download and customization. The "preview" or "in-work" keywords in the Title mean there are still updates to be made.

Time Zone Schedules
    Attachments are provided for each Time Zone; please note the attachment names to download the correct PDF for your time zone.

Customize your Schedule
    The PDF schedules are formatted with the ‘typewriter tool’ enabled, so you can edit in the channel numbers for the games provided by your local affiliates.

SundayTicket and Superfan Broadcasts
    The rightmost columns of the SundayTicket Section provide the SundayTicket SD assignments [Channels 704 through 717] and the Superfan HD assignments [Channels 719 through 727]. If any entries in these columns are blank, they will be updated when DIRECTV announces the assignments.

National Game Broadcasts
    You will need to pencil in, or edit in, your LIL (Local-Into-Local) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers for your local stations. In most cases (the rules are complex), DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket and/or Superfan game that duplicates programming offered by your local CBS or FOX affiliate.

Regional Game Broadcasts
    Using TV Distribution Maps, you will know in advance which regional games your local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying and you can pencil, or edit in, those updates on the schedule. A link at the top of each Weekly Schedule (or_this_link) takes you to the website providing NFL TV Game Distribution Maps for both CBS and FOX. When your local affiliate broadcasts a game, DIRECTV is obligated to black it out on SundayTicket and Superfan (if your LIL offers HD) in your DMA. The DMA Maps are updated during the week preceding the games.

Local Game Broadcasts
    Remember, NFL blackout rules apply: if a home game isn’t sold out, your local station and DIRECTV are required to black out that live game in your home DMA.
    .Week #5 In-Work Versions views: 332

2. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    This is a preview for those of you who are already looking forward to next week.

This schedule is not complete:
    - Superfan-HD channel assignements are not available
    - The TV Distribution Maps are not available
    - Time Zone specific schedules are not available

When this thread's title changes to "Final Version", that's the clue to download the schedule and customize it with your local channels and blackouts.

gct

3. capnlando13

capnlando13 AllStar

Mar 24, 2007
    CBS is so stupid. The Jags vs. Chiefs game is in SD yet it is one of the better match-ups this week. Better combined records and teams on a roll (4-1 in last 5 combined). Yet CBS puts the best teams in HD right?? Funny!

4. Oct 1, 2007 #4 of 52
    cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    I agree man, this ticks me off as well.

5. Oct 1, 2007 #5 of 52
    sportshermit

sportshermit Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    I agree but I guess we have to take our turn as a small market team. Maybe all the rest will be in HD.

6. Oct 1, 2007 #6 of 52
    mterchila

mterchila Cool Member

May 22, 2007
    CBS's logic on which games are in HD for the week is out of wack. It's pathetic they can't supply every game in HD every week.:mad:

7. Oct 1, 2007 #7 of 52
    jasonblair

jasonblair Icon

Sep 5, 2006
    The Browns and Ravens game was in SD here in DC yesterday. I was not so much upset about that as I was the fact that Kevin Harlan (my favorite announcer) was calling the game. I thougt "OH NO! They've lowered Harlan to last place on the totem pole... below Ian Eagle and Rich Gannon!!! He's been banished to SD hell!!!

It made no sense to me because he had been calling HD games in the previous weeks. So I thought his production crew unit was equipped with HD.

And then the highlights from the Browns and Ravens game on NBC's Football Night in America were in high def! And they had CBS logos on them! What is going on??!? CBS must have had the capability to get the HD production from the stadium to the headquarters, but then not enough bandwidth to get that HD signal from there to the affiliates?!?

8. Oct 1, 2007 #8 of 52
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    jasonblair --

You are absolutely correct - the CBS limitations are "infrastructure", not HD trailers onsite at the game. CBS is limited at their Hub operation and has limitations with enough pipe capacity to pump the signal around the country.

The truth is, most of the profoundly expensive on-site equipment is not owned by the networks. They 'rent' the vans on a pre-scheduled basis from companys that provide that service. The actual, physical vans used by CBS this week may be doing a game for NBC next week.

There have been several great threads about all this, here on DBSTALK.com

gct

9. Oct 2, 2007 #9 of 52
    Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    My game will be as HD as it gets: at Lambeau field, with my dad, and a bratwurst. Priceless. :)

10. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    Have fun, Tom! Should be fun. You oughtta beat da Bears. We just showed you how to do it. :)
    Go Lions!

11. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    I agree. All games should be in HD.

As far as announcers go, the worst thing is watching your team struggle like my Steelers did and listening to Dan Dierdork speaking, he is even worse than Madden and Madden is the bottom of the barrell.

12. macdawg

macdawg Mentor

Mar 10, 2007
    I feel you! One Browns game in HD this year. Just one! Now lets see what they do since the Browns are playing the Pats. I bet they put it in HD.
    I dont understand why all football games cant be in HD. Just dont get it.
    Get my Browns in HD!!!:mad:

13. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    If they keep playingthe way they they will get alot in HD.

Not a Brown's fan, but like what I see from them.

14. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    What was funny was that the Raiders were playing Miami and the game was in HD and yes the Browns were relegated to SD.

15. macdawg

macdawg Mentor

Mar 10, 2007
    THE BROWNS WILL BE IN HD ON CHANNEL 726!!! YES YES YES!!! FINALLY!!!
    :) :D :hurah:
    icon_an:
    :icon_da:

16. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    The difference is the Raiders have fans all over the country.
    :D

17. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    they must be somewhere because they aren't in Oakland at the games :hurah:

18. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    I would be if it weren't for a whole continent standing between me and the colliseum.

19. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    They pick the games that 'they think" will be the most watched. they're not always right but thats their goal.

20. kirthew

kirthew Mentor

Sep 21, 2006
    I am just glad that I have been able to watch my Dolphins suck for 4 weeks in a row... here is hoping the 5th week pays off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.