Super Bowl LIII...Pick the winner.

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Rich, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    LA Rams vs Tom Brady. Were I to bet I'd bet on Brady and the hoodie. Same bet I would have made last year and I would have lost. Over/Under on the game is 48 points. I'd bet on the over. I'm be pretty sure I'd win that bet. Point spread is between 4 and 5 as I type this. I'd take the Pats, give the points and the over...and I'd probably lose. What would you do?

Rich

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'll take the Colts. I'm usually wrong anyways so I might as well be wrong with style. :)

3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I thought this was Luck's year. I would have bet on the Colts at least getting in the SB. And I would have lost.

Rich

4. acer505

acer505 Cool Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Take the Pats.

5. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Take the ref.

6. dirtysock

dirtysock New Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Got in early on Pats @-1.5 for 5Us. Still feelin' great that Pats win comfortably.

Probably also bet Pats 1st half depending on the line Sunday.

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Uh-uh...Take the Pats AND Brady, the guy's a freak in the context of football. Take him away and...do they even have a decent backup? I would not give the Pats much of a chance if Brady goes down early. He seems to be on a mission this year.

Rich

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I hope those officials that screwed up so badly in the Saints' game are not in the SB. How they missed that play...

Rich

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Saints should have won that game last week, would that have changed your mind about betting on the Pats? I'd still go with Brady.

Rich

10. Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Line is Pats -2.5 56.5

Pats defy heavy public betting, everything. Still:

Rams 31 Patriots 23

the2130 likes this.
  11. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I don’t buy that. The refs messed up more bad calls that should have benefited the rams than the saints. But either way all they had to do was execute in OT and they would have won. And the rams took the game from them.

I pick the rams in a close one and I’d take the over as well. I’m thinking 35 to 38 or something like that.

the2130 likes this.
  12. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    How’d they miss the multiple face masks against the Saints?

They are not the ones doing the super bowl. It’s a different crew.

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We had some pretty interesting arguments two years ago about the game. Not so much last year. I like Brady, I like Belichick. I wonder what's gonna happen with that lawsuit from a couple guys from New Orleans who are suing to make the NFL replay the Saints-Rams game. You have to admit the Rams got screwed royally, no? I think the score will surpass the Over.

Rich

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't think those calls were nearly as egregious as the one I mentioned. Have you seen the replays? Yeah, after that call there really has to be a different crew.

Rich

15. Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007
    Massachusetts
    If the Pats win the game it's going over and just the opposite if the Rams win. Think it's a correlated pick. I wouldn't bet the total with your money Rich, and this will probably be like the last two times I took the NFC vs. the Pats....and lost...with the right side! (Atlanta & Seattle).

16. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'm a Californian so I'll be cheering for the Rams... oh, and Margaret Brennan. But then I don't have a very good track record picking the winners of the game. Regarding the superfluous Pre-Game Presidential interviews I have been pretty good a guessing what's going to happen.

17. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Actually they where. Cause there is no difference to me in the severity of the actual penalty that wasn’t called. It either was or was not a penalty. So they decided to let anything go the entire freaking game. Not sure I agree but it did seem to be consistent or lean towards the saints in the no calls.

Specifically, 1st down on about the 2 yard line I bet the rams get a touch down. Not a field goal. Puts them up so even if the same play happened again saints could not have sat there and run out the clock. They would have to have kept pushing to score a touchdown, leaving plenty of time for rams to again score the field goal at the end and tie it up. Not to mention the other call way earlier that could have totally changed the game earlier.

Heck there’s plenty of spots you can argue the saints lost the game too. Like settling for field goals the first two scores. Had those been touchdowns the game probably would have been out of reach. The one call didn’t change the fact the saints could have won and didn’t. Especially in OT.

I like Drew and hopped if it wasn’t the rams it’d be the saints to win it all. But you won’t find me feeling sorry for them.

I also think it’s ridiculous these people arguing to replay the game and calling it immoral. Do they not recall that their head coach was suspended an entire season for putting bounty’s on tackles and such? Give me a break on this entire saints got screwed morally junk some are claiming.

And by the way, replays show the ball was tipped to which means there could not have been a pass interference call anyway.

18. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Hindsight is always 20/20. "If only" would have the Colts playing the Bears this Sunday. :)

19. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Absolutely.

20. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I didn't think the Pats were gonna beat the Over in the last game. They did. Brady's on a mission.

Rich