1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - Micronesia 5/8/8

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by chris0, May 8, 2008.

1. May 8, 2008 #1 of 44
    chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    Wow. I didn't think anything could top last week's TC. I think this one did. My cheeks hurt from laughing at Erik for the last 20 minutes. Here's what I was thinking...

No way he's gonna fall for that.
    He might be falling for that.
    Oh please, please fall for that.
    OMFG! HE FELL FOR IT!

Like James said, there's a new Dumbest Survivor Ever in town! This season is one of the best ever. Maybe my girl Amanda can actually win it this time.

2. May 8, 2008 #2 of 44
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    When the necklace gift was first proposed, my wife said "nobody's that dumb". I replied "Except for Erik".

But I was pretty much joking. I really didn't think it would happen until he talked to Cirie and then thought maybe.

I know Jeff always asks questions based on what's recently happened in camp (stokes the fires, usually), but did anyone else think he was actually leading the questions so that Erik WOULD give up the necklace?

It was almost like they knew it would be great TV, so they wanted it to happen.

Doesn't matter to me either way, just thought his questioning was a little more blatant than usual.

3. May 8, 2008 #3 of 44
    Button Pusher

Button Pusher Icon DBSTalk Club

Jan 19, 2007
    The...

I was doing the same thing.I just couldn't believe it and than you could tell he was thinking too hard about it.lol Definately took the title away from James.

I felt that Jeff was leading him too.It was like Jeff was convincing him he needed to try and make up for lying. You could see Erik's face change like he was saying to himself that Jeff was making sense.

4. May 8, 2008 #4 of 44
    chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    Not just Jeff's questions, but the ladies played it brilliantly at TC. As they each chimed in with their part of the "play" I thought they might have scripted it ahead of time. It just went so perfectly.

5. May 8, 2008 #5 of 44
    Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Unbelievable! Eric without a doubt is still the ice cream parlor boy after that dumb move. 100% guaranteed to be in the final 4 and he threw it away after having been at three Tribal Council's in a row where there was a blindside. What a foolish, foolish, dumb thing to do ... :nono:

6. May 8, 2008 #6 of 44
    kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Eric is stupid for giving up the necklace. I don't think he would have won anyway, but it was the best laugh I had in a while. Did you see how much James and the rest of jury laughed when he gave up the necklace? There were so many blindsides in a row... how could anyone not see that coming. Do you think they are going for Natalie now or will one of them break their own alliance? Do you think Parv got the Hidden idol or did she just get a tan on Exile?

7. May 8, 2008 #7 of 44
    Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Going in I knew he was dumb enough to give it.

But I did wonder if there was going to be a double blindside on Amanda to get her out of the game.

8. May 8, 2008 #8 of 44
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I don't think she even looked, because IIRC, you can't use it after the final 4 anyway.

9. May 8, 2008 #9 of 44
    Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    James: "I lost my reign as dumbest survivor ever."

HE SURE DID!

10. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    So, I'm thinking "NO WAY does Erik do this". I couldn't even bear listening to the girls suggesting it, so I ff'd through most of TC. When I hit play, I see him TAKING OFF THE NECKLACE. :nono2:

I nearly threw my remote at my TV.

Not just the DUMBEST Survivor move ever, byt the DUMBEST REALITY SHOW MOVE ever.

11. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    You do RC. Finding it would've been moot because they had the numbers to get rid of either Erik or Natalie and it's no good after tonight.

12. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Ok guys.... am I the only one that feels something smells fishy..... The whole show did not make sense.. I mean you win reward and you don't sent natelie to the island and then you take Amanda on the reward.. Huh???

Then the whole give away your idol.. The logic did not work... Eric even said it himself.... Why can't you do the deal and keep the idol.... The guy obviously knows the show backwards and forwards given what he showed at the reward.

I did not get the whole thing with telling each female a different story... Why would he go an do that? overplaying the game perhaps but at this point and given the situation he was in his play was obvious... Win Immunity until the end or go home.

I was like everyone else... No way is he going to fall for this and he does.. I have to say.. for the first time in Survivor history I have to question if the game is real. I mean it felt like Jeff was playing the straight man in some gag... This one felt odd to me from the beginning to the end...

Yeah.. Eric is not the appear to be the smartest guy.. but this just not make any sense.... You could not have written a better script... hmm then perhaps one was.... ;) Sorry... but I just have very bad taste in my mouth...

The funny thing. once he did it, I said what James said... "James is no longer the dumbest person to play Survivor.. Eric just took his crown"

Well it will be an entertaining final.

13. bluewolverine

bluewolverine AllStar

Jan 21, 2006
    I understand the obvious suspicions surrounding how the whole TC played out, but I attribute it to editing. I mean, it seems pretty likely to me that the TC session is gonna last MUCH longer than the 8 or 9 minutes we see. Plus given the history with CBS and fixing a game show ($64K question I think it was), I would be more dumbfounded with that then I was with Erik's "plan".

Me... I bought the whole thing. And I loved his parting shot to the women as he finally figured out he had been played. Something like "Oh you girls", said with the voice of a little boy :lol: .

14. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You know, my only thought (surely something is redeeming about this) was that Eric knowing he wouldn't win the 1 MM fell on his sword to help Nat. But watching his reaction and the last words .. naivety 100% sure, idiocy 90% sure. :lol:

15. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    First show I ever remember them showing every single vote prior to the tally .. That was a good choice as well, BTW.

16. lakaw

lakaw Mentor

Jul 23, 2007
    Is that the first time someone has given up their immunity?

17. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Everyone just calm down. Lets not forget, he's an ICE CREAM SCOOPER for a reason! LOL

He's definitely from the shallow end of the gene pool.

18. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Remember each TC is hours long and they edit it down to 5-8 minutes of relevant stuff in relation to that night's vote. Since we're not watching it live and they have the benefit of editing it after the final outcome, each TC always to me seems targeted to the 1 or 2 people on the chopping block that night.

And yes, Erik is now the dumbest Survivor ever.

19. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    When he won, I told my brother "All that needs to happen is they convince him to give immunity to Nat. Here's how they do it..." And I came very close to exactly how they did, but it made almost NO sense (much like their plan) and when my brother's face showed that I said, "I know it's not rational, but he's dumber than a sack of his own hair." We cracked up when it is what happened.

20. Button Pusher

Button Pusher Icon DBSTalk Club

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    I mentioned that to the family too.But there was no secret to keep about who was going home. No editing in the world would have made you thought anybody other than Erik was leaving.