1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor: One World "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" Season Thread

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Scott Kocourek, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Interesting twist on the newest season of Survivor, putting both tribes in one camp.

2. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    They really took the "No Rules" theme serious this season with at least two instances of stealing in the first episode. The two tribes are divided male vs. female but they live in the same camp, right next to each other. Before they knew they were going to live next to each other the men stole some supplies from the women and once back to camp the women stole fire from the men while they were sleeping. (Even though they couldn't keep it lit)

Another new twist is there is no second chance this season, Redemption Island has been taken out of the game. This is fine by me because it took up too much time in the show and took away from what we got to see at the camp. I think the last few seasons made it difficult to "get to know" the contestants because all we saw were challenges and not a lot of camp life.

Finally the last thing I noticed is there are no returning contestants this season, we get a fresh slate of people to love or hate.

3. soccergrunt

soccergrunt AllStar

Nov 17, 2005
    Agree with the elimination of Redemption Island. That got old quickly. It seems like they went out of their way to cast this season with a lot of type A, arrogant personalities that really don't have a clue how to play socially yet. It will be interesting once they start voting people off and not losing them to injuries. Hopefully that means a lot of blind side votes as opposed to one alliance controlling most of the season.

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Not a bad start, to bad that all the players didn't listen to Jeff on the right way to land in the net

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Couldn't believe how awkward most of them looked jumping onto that net.

A bit bummed that the quirky, painted chick broke her wrist, as up until then she was my favorite female.

Is it just me or does this season have more "fit" contestants than ever before?

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    YUCK!

7. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I don't know chealsea isn't hard on the eyes and she can catch a chicken bare handed. Mike from dirty jobs had a hard time doing that with a pole and net. :)

8. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Hot chicks are everywhere, I don't watch survivor (or pick my favorites) based on that attribute.

9. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Interesting that it was the banker guy who was doing the stealing of the women's stuff. Just like in the real world. :D

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I record this show because my wife loves it. I'm on the fence, at least for this season opener. I'll want to see how it develops.

11. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    Can't believe how bad the girls have been in the first two eposides. Looks like it is going to rain next week so should be a great episode. Glad to see them struggleing a bit more this season last season seemed like a cake walk.

12. mchero

mchero Cool Member

Feb 18, 2012
    They need to boot the drama queen of the show. He has the idol & thinks he's running the whole show now!

LOL

13. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Matt and his alliance can do that.... Oh wait, they only had 4 people in their alliance. The power is in the numbers.

14. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Watching the show now. This can't be a good move by the men!!

15. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    I can't believe what I just saw.

16. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    Has to be the dumbest move in survivor history.

Never works out well when a team throws a compitation... Actually volenteering to go to tribal is just dumb

17. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I can't believe they all didn't just decide to do it, but then boot Colton.

Why do they all keep saying "I have to go along with him, he's in charge"?

18. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Colton unfortunately has an Idol (given to him by the girls in episode 1). So it would truly have to be a blindside to vote him out. That said, I too wish they would try. I can't stand him.

As a male, I wanted the men to dominate, but after last night, I now want the women to win every challenge. Go Chelsea [​IMG]

19. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Exactly, and last night would have been the perfect blindside opportunity.

20. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I hope the team spends a little time thinking about what Colton had to say at tribal. Something tells me his parents watched that with their jaws on the ground.