Survivor Vanuatu Contest: Rules

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Since nobody is offering a Survivor contest, I'll toss in my hat for this as well. However I like mixing things up, so its a totally different format:

Each week I'll post five questions. Those contestants with the most correct answers are considered the "tribe" of survivors. The number of members of the tribe are equal to the number of Survivors remaining in the game the previous episode. In the case of ties, the tribe will be randomly picked from among those with the highest scores.

The following week, those members of the "tribe" get to vote on one of their fellow tribe members and send them off to the "jury", eliminating them from the competition. People with perfect answers (the Trifecta) are given immunity and are also given more weight in case of ties in the vote. If this doesn't settle a tie, the choice will be random from among those with the most votes.

You can join at any time, however your chance of winning is based on the number of times you join the "tribe" each week.

After the final episode, the "jury" will consist of those members who who were voted off during the prior weeks. The final field of contestants will consist of four individuals who made the "tribe" the most number of times during the course of the entire competition and were not voted off.

The Jury will decide who is the winner. In the case of ties, those with the fewest votes against them are given priority. Otherwise I'll pick randomly.

Prizes thus far will be a DVD of your choice ($30 or less) and the admiration of your peers. More prizes may be announced in the future.

Questions for Week 1 will appear this weekend. Survivor Vanuatu premieres next Thursday, Sept. 16th.

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Oh crap.

Well, nevermind.

My wife has declared we are NOT watching survivor this season but will be watching Joey instead.

Unfortunately I don't have a two tuner DVR, which would force me to tape it to VCR and currently my TV's input for that is shot, meaning I'd have to watch a crappy signal.

Sorry, no contest after all, unless someone wants to donate a 721, 921 or new TV. (for me, not as a prize) ;)