Suspend Directv with MLB Extra Innings Subscription

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BobZ, Jul 18, 2021.

1. BobZ

BobZ Mentor

Feb 20, 2007
    We are going away for a few weeks and I was considering suspending Directv for 30 days. I have a subscription to MLB Extra Innings and can watch games on the MLBTV app through that service. Can I still watch MLB Games on the MLBtv app on my devices while the service is suspended?

2. Rob37

Rob37 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    You do understand that once the season starts for any sports subscription that it can't be canceled. If you suspend your DIRECTV service you may lose your subscription. That is something you may need to ask about if your MLB.TV subscription is linked to your DIRECTV MLB Extra Innings service. My guess is you would lose that account. You say you are only going away for 30 days? Just my opinion but that is only 1 month. I wouldn't suspend my service for only just 1 month. I’d keep the account active & not suspend for only 1 month. Now if it were more than that say 3 or 4 months I could see it.

3. BobZ

BobZ Mentor

Feb 20, 2007
    I have been a subscriber to MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and NFL SundayTicket for many years and am very aware of the cancellation policy. The DTV web site suspend subscription policy states that “If you have an active sports subscription installment payment, you’ll still owe the installments that would have been due. We’ll bill you when you reinstate your account, even if the season has ended.” That doesn’t appear to say that your sports subscription would be terminated. I’m not canceling the subscription. I pay close to $200/month which I’m looking to save as I wouldn’t be using the service. To me that is worth it and is perfectly acceptable under the DTV suspension policy. Not sure why you would think it wouldn’t be worth my while. I guess I’ll have to contact customer service directly and hope they give me clarification. Thanks for your response.

AZ. and Rob37 like this.
  4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    If you suspend your D*TV --you can NOT watch anything while suspended (HENCE) the Term Suspended --As you NOTE --your Billing will resume for all of your account --even the Suspended MLB time.

5. BobZ

BobZ Mentor

Feb 20, 2007
    I asked what I thought was a straightforward question of the group hoping someone might have actually suspended their service and from first hand experience could confirm whether or not the app linked to the DTV account could not be used. I assumed that it probably wouldn’t. I don’t need a lesson on the definition of what suspended means. And I fully understood the clearly stated wording of how the billing is resumed once the account has been reinstated so you didn’t need to NOTE that either.

6. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Send MLB an email they have been helpful before for me
    MLB.TV Online Support

IMO you will still be able to stream the games...Report back when you find out

7. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    if baseball is the same as basketball they don't shut off your online subscription

AZ. likes this.