Suspending Account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MrBill64, Nov 7, 2019.

1. MrBill64

MrBill64 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Quick question. If I temporarily suspend my account (2 months) and have paid for a sports package such as Sunday Ticket or NHL Center Ice, will I still have online access to watch games while my account is suspended?

Thanks.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This is just my opinion:
    No.
    When it is suspended it does not work until you go back and activate it again.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    No. Your DIRECTV service will be put on hold for the period of time you request.

4. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    I have no direct knowledge but I wouldn't be surprised if CI still works. A lot of times companies do not have the time or ability to program their system for all situations. This could be one of them. We will only know if you try it and report in.

5. MrBill64

Aug 3, 2006
    I was hoping to find out if my CI still works after I suspend service while I move to streaming. If it does, I would suspend my account until the end of hockey season then cancel DTV. Otherwise, I am going to keep my service until the end of the season before cancelling. If I suspend service (minimum of 30 days) and find out my CI package doesn't work, that would suck. That is why I figured I would ask here if anybody had prior experience with suspending their account and if they were still able to watch games online.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Just buy your own CI. Cancel DIRECTV now. You'll be way ahead between now and when the season ends in April.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Although you'll need a provider for post-season or buy the Cup playoffs from NHL. I think that was $25 last season.

8. MrBill64

Aug 3, 2006
    Well one week into suspending my DTV account, and streaming CI through NHL.TV still works. I have been seeing certain channels begin to shut down streaming ability (ESPN, my locals) but one channel that still allows streaming through their app linked to my DTV account is the Weather Channel. There might be others, I just haven't checked.

I'm going to ride this out by suspending my service until the end of the regular season or until the ability to stream CI through NHL.TV ends. Whichever scenario comes first will be when I cancel DTV for good.