Switched to Directv Tivo

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by facerw, Feb 17, 2013.

1. facerw

facerw Mentor

Feb 1, 2005
    Back in 2004 my wife and I received an SD Directv TIVO and it lasted us until we got an HD set and had to move to a Directv HD DVR. After a few years with the DirectTV DVR and issues with this particular model (slowness on buttons) in late 2012 we moved back to the Tivo HD DVR.

Only complain I have is that it likes to record its enhanced content at certain times of the day. Any way I can change that? Doesn't seem to be a problem back in the old tivo days.

2. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    No, there is no control over this. I have seen many other complaints. Curious that I have never encountered the issue myself, but then we tend not to watch live TV at all.

3. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    You will have another complaint when it fails to record a show because the background tuner stops buffering and gets stuck that way until you reset the receiver.

My THR-22 failed to record THE FOLLOWING on Feb. 4 but I didn't know it until I tried to watch it on the 16th and had nothing but black screen recorded for a full hour. I pay Directv an extra $5 for this thing and quite frankly it sucks that I had to watch it on hulu :(